210G Build-Up Thread

Jul 14, 2005
Tampa, FL
As some of you know, my dad has been setting up an All-Glass 210. This did not happen in the timely manner it was supposed to, so I doubt my dad will ever be returning to the LFS that set us up. The initial start-up was early July, one month to put a tank is WAY too long in my opinion. By the time the tank was fully setup, the rock was completely cycled.

The LFS we went to was in a partnered ownership. One partner was going to steal the vendors and run, just after they took the money my dad paid them for his tank and funneled it from the corporate account into their credit card accounts. Countless other things went wrong, but we finally got here.

The tank is a All-Glass 210g (72x24x29) on a BRI cabinet. Equipment is as follows:

38 gallon sump/refugium
Coralife Needle-Wheel Skimmer 220
UV sterilizer of some sort (2ft long)
ReeFlo 3600gph Main Pump
Coralife Aqualight Advanced PRO 72" - 3x250MH, 4x65w Actinics, 4x1w Moonlights
Pond Pump for extra circulation behind rock (300gph at current head)
~350lbs LR - Fiji and Tonga mixed

With all of that, we have had GREAT customer service with LiveAquaria, and my dad enjoys shopping there.

Once we got it all cycled, and equipment all setup he ordered fish, snails, and hermits.

12 - EXTRA large Blue/Green Chromis...when LiveAquaria says XL they mean XL. These are 3" each.
10 - Nassarius Snails
4 - Margarita Snails
6 - Halloween Hermits

Stand

Plumbing/Water

Equipment

Full of water

Rock/Sand

First rock amount (200lbs)

New rock (on sale too!)

Rock added

Rock rearranged

Rock final

OCCFan023

Superstar Fish
Jul 29, 2004
New Jersey
thats awsome that you and your father share the love of the hobby.

Any further stocking plans/ideas? got alot of options.

Very interesting spikey look with the branch rock, pretty interesting. Should look very cool covered in coraline

Jul 14, 2005
Tampa, FL
Next addition he wants is a Foxface Rabbitfish of some kind (One-Spot/Common). After that, here's a list:

Blue Hippo Tang
Yellow Tang
Powder Blue
Yellow-Eye Kole
Powder Brown (A. japonicus, not A. nigricans)
Snowflake Eel (fed frozen all its life, mine right now)
Gobies (sand sifter especially)
Goldstripe Maroon Clown Pair (mine)
Coral Beauty Angel
...not sure on the rest, but thats the gist of it.

and LOTS of inverts/corals.

tweetie2

Small Fish
Jul 27, 2006
That is an awesome tank. may someday my son and I could accomplish that. It looks like it was well worth the time. Keep posting pics. I'd love to see more.*twirlysmi

DclownD

Large Fish
Jul 11, 2006
Syracuse, Ny
lol my friend bought this huge eel for his 75gal sw tank... wich has very little live rock in it although he claims it to be 60pounds >.> then bought a volitan lion fish... can anyone guess what happened?

a 50 dollar fish and it died yay... boy am i glad all the fw fish i want are uber cheap

Last edited: