-Green Frogspawn (med)
-Fluorescent Green Mushrooms (med)
-Blue Linkia Starfish
-Brown Brittle Starfish
-2 Turbo Snails
-10 Nassarius Snails
-3 Margarita Snails
-1 GREEN Bubble Tip Anemone (med)

We just wanted to get some more of the basic corals, now we'll be going for more variety in colors, type, etc.

The only bad part about the whole shipment was a 4" bristle worm on the mushroom rock...not a problem, took it to the kitchen, got it off, and turned on the garbage disposal. ;)

Linkia was acclimated FOREVER, so I don't think we'll lose it.

The female maroon found the anemone within the first 1/2 hour of us done rearranging the corals. She won't leave it now, but looks beautiful with the contrast.

Frogspawn

Golden Frogspawn (Camera was working on white-balance while I snapped this)

Mushrooms

Brain

Anemone

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2005
Tampa, FL
I'll get a full tank shot soon, just want to wait for a few more corals.

The female hosts in the anemone, the male hosts on the side of it. He can get into the anemone sometimes, but she usually kicks him out. They sleep together in it though.

Jul 14, 2005
Tampa, FL

Lots of updates..

Inverts
-Sun Coral, Green Galaxia, Fire Polyps, Yellow Polyps, Pipe Organ, Clove Polyps, Green Star Polyps, and Green Polyps
-3 Emerald Mithrax Crabs
-Blue Tuxedo Urchin
-Bubble Tip Anemone

The first anemone ate a krill the second day, and consumed it in a normal time frame. Later that night, it shrunk considerably, and the krill was expelled. The next few nights it would shrink again, continuously, until the fourth day it did not open again. I think this might have to do with the length of our photoperiod, 8hrs, but I am not sure. Another anemone has taken its place (14-day guarentee LiveAquaria) and seems to be in much better condition. This one is a lot greener, and the tentacles are pretty fat.

Fish
-Female Blue Throat Trigger (4")

She is definitely the largest fish in the tank (except the eel). She was added last night, and is still pretty shy. I tried to take a picture of her, but she went into her cave and put up her trigger. She is absolutely gorgeous, I love the "face" and body pattern. She has also taken frozen krill straight from the feeding stick (to my surprise).

Thats all for now, enjoy!

Jul 14, 2005
Tampa, FL
Today was nice. I broke down my 44 last night, and put it at the curb. This morning we took the excess rock to my LFS. It turned out to be 30.5lbs, which was great because that took the cost of the Desjardini Sailfin Tang (Red Sea), epoxy, and 3L of carbon. In fact, we got money back.

Enough chit-chat, eh? How's about some pictures...

Female Blue Throat Trigger

Group Shot

Desjardini Sailfin Tang

Size Comparison (Same size body, sailfin has larger fins)

New Anemone (much fuller, doesn't retract)