33 gallons of Awesome!

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
wow your frogspwan looks really good well lol everything looks good but yur frogspawn looks amazing*thumbsups

eva

Large Fish
Oct 18, 2006
burnaby, bc
Thanks everyone! I am hoping to find some more ricordeas but in some rare colors...would love some yellow and blue ones, or green and purples...just some cool colors..

Fish coming soon! My first fish in here should be a yellow clown goby, as it will be the most peaceful fish in the tank. I don't think I will quarantine it :eek: since it will be the first fish in there...I'm willing to spend time fishing it back out if he does end up showing signs of disease...any thoughts or comments on that?

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
gobies seem to be a bit resistant to a lot of common aliments.....My citron lived through 2 boughts of ich that wiped out the other inhabitant of my 20. As a first fish I wouldn't worry too much about it but for other additions a quarantine is recommended

joeyjoeq

Large Fish
Jul 15, 2006
Chicago
eva said:
Thanks everyone! I am hoping to find some more ricordeas but in some rare colors...would love some yellow and blue ones, or green and purples...just some cool colors..

Fish coming soon! My first fish in here should be a yellow clown goby, as it will be the most peaceful fish in the tank. I don't think I will quarantine it :eek: since it will be the first fish in there...I'm willing to spend time fishing it back out if he does end up showing signs of disease...any thoughts or comments on that?
Great choice*thumbsup2 looking forward to see him*SUPERSMIL ... Have you looked into Florida ricordias? They have some nice colors ... Do you have any fear of ick in your tank? You should get a UV Sterilizer have a coralife turbo twist and really helps with algae and ick breakouts

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
if you look at the volume of water moved by a sterilizer in a tank that small vs contact time in the UV, they are relatively ineffective and imo not worth the time or money. In large systems they are much more effective...by keeping the algae in check what kind of algae are you talking about...the only algae it would have any major impact on would be free floating, and as stated above the amount of free floating algae it comes in contact with in a small tank is relatively low. I am not saying that it does nothing, but that on small tanks their impact is negligible....

eva

Large Fish
Oct 18, 2006
burnaby, bc
I do not believe a UV unit would be necessary for this tank as I would rather invest the money into a RO/DI unit. Luckily for me and my wallet, the tap water up here is fantastic so the RO/DI isn't a need right now, it's a want for the future. I'm thinking of maybe trying to pick that and a Remora skimmer up next Boxing day...but its so far away!

Also I have only had a tiny incident of a diatom bloom so far and everyday I'm finding more tiny pod like creatures...copepods, amphipods, this morning I found a clear see through creature with a spot of red on it zooming around the edges of my tank. It was moving so fast I couldn't see what it was. I love how full of life my live rock is!

I would love some florida ricordea mushrooms but only if I find it in one of my LFS...i'm not too keen on ordering corals off the net yet...maybe when I can't find anything good around here then I will start looking into it.

I believe what Joe said, in that ich may always be there but can be lying dormant until the immune system is too weak and then it may present itself.

Last edited: