33 gallons of Awesome!

eva

Large Fish
Oct 18, 2006
burnaby, bc
Thanks for all the compliments everyone!

I had the same identification problem when we first got it...I called it hammer coral for the longest time but with the appearance of multiple heads, I've switched it over to frogspawn. On the larger piece in my 48g, most of the polyps have 3 or more heads...some strange type of hybrid maybe? I do lean substantially more towards the frogspawn side though.

Doing a yahoo search reveals that most hammer coral look like this:

and most frogspawn look like this:

I do agree that they all are too closely related!

eva

Large Fish
Oct 18, 2006
burnaby, bc
What is the difference between skeletons?

So good news and bad news!

Good news first, we now have two inhabitants! I bought a yellow clown goby that is just so darn cute and I also bought...a small maroon clown!! I'm really excited about the maroon as usually I only see the big massive ones. This one is just over an inch long and has shown no agression whatsoever to the clown goby. He also has been eating since the first day but the clown goby has yet to eat.

So far I only have PE mysis but I'm going to pick up formula one frozen i think and some DT phyto and cyclopeeze. I'm not too concerned about the goby not eating yet as he is probably muching on the various copepods we have...pictures coming later! The clown is so active its hard to get a good pic of him.

Bad news, our xenia got damaged yesterday in the midst of my boyfriend trying to move things when I was at work...its in two pieces and one of the pieces is now stuck in a really hard place (at the bottom of a really porous piece of LR) to get out. We can remove easily by picking up the big piece of LR but that means that sand will get under the LR and I don't want that...I also don't want the xenia overgrowing in this rock..any ideas?

Also picked up a florida shroom rock, 8 polyps for the price of 4!! It was still a pricey 4 but nevertheless...good deal!

EDIT: Aparently the clown goby was eating last night! success!

Last edited:

eva

Large Fish
Oct 18, 2006
burnaby, bc
Here we are...

water paramaters as of today
ammonia, nitrite and nitrate 0
sg 1.024
temp 79
ph 8.0
alk 9

and pictures! Enjoy!

frogspawn heads

8 polyp florida ric rock at a steal

Maroon and clown goby

They are friendly with each other! No aggression seen yet and both are eating mysis

I love his misbar

eva

Large Fish
Oct 18, 2006
burnaby, bc
Tre you will get your updated FTS after I add the newest addition into this tank! I bought a beautiful yuma ric yesterday, one polyp, about 3-4 inches across!! Pricey tho :( lol but I do have some new pics of the other guys...enjoy!

Stupid clown goby went through the overflow and into the fuge...I thought he was dead when I found him in the chaeto but he then made his way to the return chamber and almost proceded to get sucked into the return pump :mad: I managed to retrieve him but it took some time and patience!

Also picked up a new open brain coral...i really like these guys!

Last edited:

JeLeAk

Large Fish
Jan 4, 2005
Alaska
eva said:
when I found him in the chaeto but he then made his way to the return chamber and almost prodeded to get sucked into the return pump :mad: I managed to retrieve him but it took some time and patience!

sounds like he knew his way back into the main display lol

eva

Large Fish
Oct 18, 2006
burnaby, bc
LOL yeah and it was a pain in the behind...I accidently sucked up a nass snail into the return pump last month so when the goby went in there I freaked out cause visions of that happening went through my head.

Thanks for the compliments. I would post even more pics cause I love taking them but i don't want to bombard this forum with too many pics!

eva

Large Fish
Oct 18, 2006
burnaby, bc
Alright guys...two weeks ago my boyfriend and I replaced two of our bulbs, picked up a Giesemann Powerchrome Aquablue+ and Pure Actinic...did a shortened photoperiod and whatnot...picked up the other two bulbs yesterday, a Midday and Actinic+.

The spectrum now runs from 6000K on the midday bulb, to 15000K on the Aquablue+ and 22000K on the Actinic+ ...you can see that the bulbs are all different colors

Tre here are your full tank shots...the camera really doesn't capture the beauty of the colors unfortunately but you can see a bit more of the effects in the macro pics...

Here's lafrank the macaroon clown swimming near the shrooms