33 gallons of Awesome!

eva

Large Fish
Oct 18, 2006
burnaby, bc

A white hitchhiker crab that we found...seems pretty harmless so far but we are keeping an eye on it.

And has anyone ever seen an open brain eat a snail? Cause if you look closely inside the brain's mouth, you can see the nass snail shell...we don't really know what to do with it now and are hoping that it will spit out the shell itself

The big bumpy tumor like thing is the snail shell inside the mouth

eva

Large Fish
Oct 18, 2006
burnaby, bc
Also I wanted to give some long overdue credit to my boyfriend for doing so much of the maintenance work...the tank is at his house and he's forever doing work on the tank...i love him, he is great...i'm bugging him to sign up on here so he can be a part of the thread...

and lastly here are some pics of the sun coral we picked up a few weeks ago...

We are wanting to get a twin-spot goby and there is one at one of our fish stores right now! My question is, should I put a sand bed in the quarantine tank for him? And if not, how long should I leave him in quarantine for if there is no sand? The store says that it is eating mysis and brine but I haven't seen him eat myself...we really want to pick it up but not if its not going to do well...what do you guys think?

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
If there isn't enough life in the sandbed for the goby, it probably won't help, but it might make him more comfortable.

I read conflicting stuff on these guys, some say they need frequent feeding, others seem to say it's reasonably easy to care for. I don't know what the truth is, but I'd be nervous about getting one for a newish tank. They also seem to be fairly shy, but I hope the tankmates wouldn't bother it.

I'd definitely have the store feed him in front of you, if possible.