40 Breeder Build Log

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
Oh hey look progress....

Ordered the glass today, should be done by tomorrow and then i can Silicone the Overflow and baffles in. I'd say it'll be Thursday before its all done and setting. Also once thats done i can glue the plumbing.

ACA convention is this weekend so i'll be gone Friday - Sunday, so progress will again....slow up. ;)

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
Well wouldn't you know it. I made a mistake. The mistake was not checking the reciept for the glass i got. I know i told the woman i needed a certain measurement yet i look back now on the receipt and its different then what i need. Can't work with it. So its my fault for not checking what she wrote down.

I'm like 1/2" off and its just to much to cake silicone in there. So i'm gonna have to wait till next week sometime so i can get new glass for the baffles. If i could take it back i would, but i got what was on the receipt so theres no chance....they gave me what i "asked" for.

Ah well.....4-6 pieces of glass about 1ft in length.....DIY RIMLESS NANOCUBE ANYONE?!?! :D

In other news, good news, the overflow is being constructed. The first silicone is curing now (insanely fast i might add) and it should be in the tank by Monday afternoon. Sucks about the sump....

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
So i had help today siliconing the overflow.....oh wait no i didn't....

You can see me trying to mock up the cube in the background there LOL. Anyway here are a few pics of the overflow construction. I have the fron panel sitting ontop of the bottom panel. So i put silicone down first then attached the pieces together. Then went back and put some silicone in the joint.

I then took my 50 cent guitar picks i bought and smoothed the silicone to give it more of that pro look. Guy at the music store asked me if i played much...."yeah i try". Figured it'd get me out of there faster then having to explain my project to him. ;)

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
good job on the over flow! u guna put some eggcrate or gutter guard on the top to keep yur fish/snails from overflow surfing? what r u gunna use the scwd on, the mag 9? if yur headed the sps route why not just mod a few maxijets to get the flow u need and put them on a wave maker to get the random flow yur looking for? ...just a thought

Last edited: