Casper's babies update

mcshell

Large Fish
Jul 23, 2003
Vancouver BC Canada
Visit site
thanks for all your best wishes! I hope most of them can survive!
Funny thing is a while ago i was feeding them live bbs, they were so happy and eating them so quickly. The next morning, some of those bbs died, i just tried to feed them and see if they'd eat. What happen was, they ate it, and then spit it out! These little guys surely are picky! LOL

Last edited:

mcshell

Large Fish
Jul 23, 2003
Vancouver BC Canada
Visit site
I used macro, then set the timer (so that i didn't need to press the shutter) You may want to use a stand too. :)

I didn't use flash, since with flash, it doesn't seem to show the fry's body clearly.

Also try stepping back a bit, and use the zoom. I just use a auto focus camera, so I just keep trying until it can get a focus :)

mcshell

Large Fish
Jul 23, 2003
Vancouver BC Canada
Visit site
thanks Tynabop!
yes, I think Casper is a proud dad :) Although he's now separated in a betta bowl, I'll still tell him about his babies ("Hey, casper, your babies have big bellies now."... "hey, Cas, you boys didn't want to eat the frozen bbs!!"... etc ) :)

mcshell

Large Fish
Jul 23, 2003
Vancouver BC Canada
Visit site
when to jar the fry?

Now, my fry are almost 7 weeks old.
The largest one is ~ 1.2 cm, and it started to chase around the smaller ones (just attemp to nip them, causing the other swim away for a while) Just like a litte boy trying to bully the others!

Is this normal? They still seem too small for jars. When shall I jar them?

thanks!

mcshell

Large Fish
Jul 23, 2003
Vancouver BC Canada
Visit site
they are in the left side of my 10 gal tank. (I've a divider in the tank). So they have ~ 5 gal tank space. I also have some floating plant (water sprite) and java moss, as well as a mini flower pot in there, so they should have enough hiding place...