Fish confusion

I just recently got a 2nd cichlid type fish from a friend for an early christmas present since he is moving. Well it looks like my convict but yellow, pink gills, bright yellow/white belly, and red fins. I think it may be a female convict but not sure. And I cant give it back since my friend is already on his way to New York! Thanks for the toloeration and replies in advance.

Also the stripes seem to be faded out as well, but the 4 spots down its body are bold!

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2006
what is it going in with because as u SHOULD (but probably not) know about cichlids is that they are aggressive and can get very large and should be kept in large tanks and it should be cichlid only tank!!!

Nov 5, 2006
yes no duh dwarfs are an exception and besides dwarfs discus and angels most cichlids do need a cichlid tank and i dont know of many cichlids that dont need more than a 30g tank..besides dwarfs..

but yes lighter is right pics would be a big help so we can try to help you out with ur situation

MissFishy

Superstar Fish
Aug 10, 2006
Michigan
If everyone that came on here for some help was attacked in that way...no one would be on here anymore...

I'm not into cichlids, but good luck identifying it! I want more pictures of both of the new additions! :)

Oct 18, 2006
Oceanside California
James... have you checked the profiles on MFT? Try taking it into LFS if you get a chance perhaps they can identify it for you. Or do what i do... surf the stored weekly checking out all the fish.

Wish you best of luck and if you can get pic that would be great.

Last edited by a moderator: