Fish confusion

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
bakon sk8er said:
what is it going in with because as u SHOULD (but probably not) know about cichlids is that they are aggressive and can get very large and should be kept in large tanks and it should be cichlid only tank!!!
Please sir, do your reaserch first. Not all cichlids are large and aggressive, and not all need large tanks. Not to mention there are MANY that can live in a community. I suggest you do research first before griping another member for basically the same thing. Chill out...he got it from a friend who could no longer keep it.

Could it be a Archocentrus sajica or Cryptoheros nanoluteus? Very close to a convict. Possibly a Archocentrus spilurus, or Archocentrus nanoluteus. I guess there is an outside chance it could be a Honduran Red Point.

**Oh and i'm not sure what the most recent scientific name is either Cryptoheros or Archocentrus. The names listed above could be either one.**

Ill do a search for all of them. I need to find out so I can igure out what to do with it! Thanks every one that has helped so far!

I think it may be Cryptoheros nanoluteus, but the color is alot more duller than in the pics I found and also the dont have as many spots. But I just looked again and it seems to be more of a tan color now and it looks like my other Convict except its larger and also has less bold stripes. I just got it today so maybe it was stressed from the transport. We will see in a couple of days but I will definitely keep updateing!

Last edited:

Katie217

Superstar Fish
Jul 15, 2006
Florida
james does it look anything like my female? she is a lighter coloured convict...
heres a pic of her when i first got her

EDIT : forgot to add, her fins have some yellow in them also some blue too, so i guess a different female could possibly have red? ... how much red is it james?

Katie217

Superstar Fish
Jul 15, 2006
Florida
hmm i see the red... sorta...to my unexperienced eye, it looks like a convict...but...hmm...not sure james...let me do some research...
if you want, you could go to
www.cichlid-forums.com and go to profiles and have a look in there at the central american cichlids, thats where it should be...