Hazzzy water and dust like particles in water..

Thyra

Superstar Fish
Jun 2, 2010
Yelm, WA
You have never said if you have any live plants in your aquarium or where the driftwood came from. Either one had the ability to bring snails in. I do not know anything about snails except I have heard some of them can be very small and difficult to see.

Mar 8, 2010
I had drift wood but i have removed that.. Because it makes water Red and also my fishes were fighting tooo much... After removing the drift wood its coool inside the tank now.. Also I dont have any plants.. Except the artifical grasss.

Aug 16, 2009
SW Pennsylvania
Your fish were not fighting because of the driftwood. The water was red because you didn't soak or boil the driftwood. Driftwood releases a harmless red or brown colouring known as tannins. Soak the driftwood in a bucket for a week or two. Do water changes in the bucket and gradually it will leech less tannins into the water. More driftwood and plants make fish feel more secure and cause them to fight less.

Mar 8, 2010
Picasa Web Albums - prakash8820 prakash - Fish Tank

Hi guys...

Please check the attached URL for the tank photos... Need ur suggestions what can i do to improve that.. Again... my molly is pregnant.. And this time i need suggestion how can i make my babies survive inside the tank only.. Just to make you remember I have mollies and Tinfoil 8 and Rosy 2 Barbs inside the tank...

Also the water is clear after putting in the new filter.. Thanks for your help guys...

fisherjean

Medium Fish
Sep 6, 2010
Minneapolis
I wish the pictures were close ups. It's hard to see.

Did you ever get a liquid test kit or post the source of your water? It might be interesting to know what the general and carbonate hardness test at. Is it possible it's hard water scale?

aakaakaak

Superstar Fish
Sep 9, 2010
Chesapeake, Virginia
The white stuff on the side looks like either the start of algae or calcuim or hard water stains. Get a $7 aquarium scrubber and take it off. Easy.

Did you get the test kit? Did your tank cycle through?

Pregnant mollies: Your fish, even your pregnant molly, will think the babies taste good. If you want to keep them I suggest getting a separate CYCLED tank for the babies. They give birth to 10-60+ LIVE babies at a time and need to be fed between two and four times a day. For the best survival rate, when the mom is close to giving birth move her to an aquarium breeder. Once the babies are born you will need to remove the mother. Once they are safe from hungry fishies you need to feed them crushed flake food, or first bites, or baby brine shrimp, or...just about anything for baby fish. Good luck!

Mar 8, 2010
Guys... The pitchures are big and clear.. You just need to click them to get the enlarged pics at first. Secondly the hard white part in the bottom is a rock or corels kind.... I dont think that can be cause of hazziness.. Rest behind the driftwood there are bubbles in the air which seems to be white kind of thing..... The dust particle which i said earlier are all gone after installing another filter.. Which some of the friends suggested similar to fluval 3, And rest the hazziness is not in the water.. The glass becomes dirty... because of which i feel hazziness from inside.. While cleaning the tank... It looks good for three four days.. Again... Can this be salts??? At night when light is ON. the water looks crystal clear but not in morning... Any guesss what it can be....

aakaakaak

Superstar Fish
Sep 9, 2010
Chesapeake, Virginia
Calcium or hard water stain from the coral would be my guess. I get something similar near my oyster shells in my 10 gal. The smart thing for me would be to get rid of them. Getting rid of the coral might work for you.