Honey Gourami Sentenced to Death by Freezer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrParker

Large Fish
Feb 16, 2005
So Cal
i think i'm going to make a ghost shrimp appetizer for the gourmet sunday dinner my family is planning. Should i freeze them to death before i boil them? What would be the best way to inflict the least amount of pain?
they might be difficult to shell considering the invisible exoskeleton

NoDeltaH2O

Superstar Fish
Feb 17, 2005
SC
ashleigh said:
edit- oh, and it's totally different. pruning doesn't destroy the entire plant. I'm bored with the patriots. I want someone new to be good.
try telling that to the part that gets thrown down the garbage disposal...

NoDeltaH2O

Superstar Fish
Feb 17, 2005
SC
Hearing makes a difference? Explicate that one for me if you will...
Ashleigh, maybe you could give me your phone number, IM, or something, and we could discuss this offline. I am afraid we will tear our little family apart with our debate. It seems that some wish to delete the thread, others send me PMs about how much they enjoyed reading it. I am truly astonished that people have gotten this heated about one little fish.

NoDeltaH2O

Superstar Fish
Feb 17, 2005
SC
right, got it MrParker, thanks for clarifying that one for me.

GREAT!!! We are all laughing a bit about this now. ANd I was worried that we were beating a dead horse and all...

Orion

Ultimate Fish
Feb 10, 2003
Kentucky
www.thefishcave.net
Not wanting to get into a discussion about how fish feel pain, but I have been told on several occasions that using Clove Oil (I belive) is one of the most humaine way to euthanise a fish. And I belive second is to smash its head with a hammer or other heavy object. (think about it, is there really a quicker way to go?)

Edit: This should probably be deleted, as I was on page 5 when I posted this....Had no idea there were two more pages. Opps.

Edit again: Eh, ok, I was way off with this. lol.

nobody said I was quick to pickup on things...

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
Yeah, I've heard that the "smash the head" thing is near the top... I thought "cut the spinal column" was slightly above it.

NoDeltaH2O said:
But I still argue that euthanizing him was an act of care for the rest of the fish that everyone seems to be overlooking.
WHAT rest of the fish? He was alone at the time you decided to euthanise him. Were you afraid he was going to jump tanks and return to his murderous rampage? You knew that he was an aggressive territorial fish, and you decided to throw another fish into his territory (the QT tank)... what did you seriously expect?

ashleigh

Superstar Fish
Jan 8, 2004
Missouri
Visit site
It is beating a dead horse- because what the whole thread boils down to is basically, you killed it because you felt like it. Give us enough credit to understand that- no one believes that you did it because gas prices were high or because your (presumably adult) wife couldn't handle the emotional strain of a returned gift, or any of the other reasons you have listed. The core of the whole arguement has been that you were 'excercising your dominion'. It's your tank- no one can stop you from doing so. But in posting this thread you clearly understood that a lot of people- those who see fish more as pets- would have a problem with this. It's just a fundamental difference in how we all view our fish- some people have agreed with you, some have not. Nothing is going to change either side, we really need to just drop this.

MrParker

Large Fish
Feb 16, 2005
So Cal
CAPSLOCK said:
Yeah, I've heard that the "smash the head" thing is near the top... I thought "cut the spinal column" was slightly above it.

WHAT rest of the fish? He was alone at the time you decided to euthanise him. Were you afraid he was going to jump tanks and return to his murderous rampage? You knew that he was an aggressive territorial fish, and you decided to throw another fish into his territory (the QT tank)... what did you seriously expect?
He was giving him a chance to redeem himself haha.

And ashleigh, by taking this thread very seriously and offensive/personally, you are only bothering yourself. like you said...no ones mind is going to get changed here, and so trying to argue the matter in a serious fashion, or trying to convince anyone of anything....is just useless

Status
Not open for further replies.