My new 38 Gallon tank.

TAL

Large Fish
Sep 7, 2008
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

I have just washed off the gravel for the new tank.

I am waiting onbe of our site vendors to send me a nice big bio-wheel.

I bouight some fake plants.

This show is getting ready to rock and roll!!!!

Ahh designs.... so we have you to thank for the haiku rage!

unwritten law

Superstar Fish
Sep 2, 2008
DC
If you have the money, you could invest in one of those "no water change systems." I still don't know exactly how it works...:D
It has like grates that you put below gravel so water can flow under the gravel easily, and then they have two filters in each corner of the tank with intakes in that void under the gravel. I think the filter take out the nitrate somehow....

The system doesn't look like it is anything other then a glorified UGF (which I hate) paired with an HOB filter that has Nitrate absorbing bags inserted into it.
The nitrate absorbing bag is kinda cool, but to say this is a water change-less system doesn't take into account the need to vacuum gravel.

I'm all for not changing tank water. It's a pain even when you have a Python, but I don't see this system giving anyone anything but a disapointment.

Just note: you can already go without changing water by setting up a densely planted tank, and only keeping a few fish. With enough plants, and few fish the nitrate levels will be kept in check.

TAL

Large Fish
Sep 7, 2008
Yea Jedi. It may be just that which means I am not putting it in unless the system is free from Hi Q and I blog about it...so since that isnt likely... welll... i am not into UGF's.

As for a planted tank with low stocking.. well I have considered the plants for challenge and aiding with nitrates but I think we know that only a few fish isnt likely in a TAL tanky wanky.

Pure

Elite Fish
Nov 1, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
I think the towers are supposed to support the nitrifying bacteria that uses nitrate. To the best of my knowledge there is only one other source of equipment that does this.

Nitrate Reductor

From what I understand keeping them alive is a PITA.

TAL

Large Fish
Sep 7, 2008
Major Update !!!!

OK PEOPLE

YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS MOMENT

IT IS UP AND RUNNING.

Gravel
Plants
Filter
Air bubbly thing
Rocks, hiding spaces

and

WATER !!!!

I had a free morning.... WOOOHOOOO Pics in a few hours...

TAL

Large Fish
Sep 7, 2008
LOL no but they are like little fish now.

Only 4 left as of this morning.

I took the pictures of my the tank so I;ll have those up soon.

TAL

Large Fish
Sep 7, 2008
I'm letting my Betta fish explore the tank.

He looks soooo tiny in that 38 gallong tank but he is going ALL over it section by section.

TAL

Large Fish
Sep 7, 2008
Fix a 210??? No wayyyyy would be too worried.

Well, first I had to rinse the gravel... No clown gravel this time...

TAL

Large Fish
Sep 7, 2008
And then I loaded it up in the tanky wanky...

And another angle...

Having done this on a real tank now, I haven appreciation for those tanks I have seen on here that are fish tanks AND beautifuly landscaped. Its an art form. Obviously, I am no artist !!!