New 20g w/15g sump & refug.... Picture time!!!

Feb 6, 2005
Waterloo, ON Canada
Well it's been a bit since I have updated, I had a small problem with 2 of my mushrooms melting away into a brown jelly, but I took care of that problem and all is well now in the tank.

I have added a few things into the tank including:

- Electric Blue Hermit Crab (Calcinus elegans)

- Branch Montipora (Montipora digitata) Frag for $5.00

- Pulsing Xenia, $10.00 frag already trippeled in size in 1 month

- Court Jester Goby (Amblygobius rainfordi) had for about 1 1/2 months

I also fraged/propigated some of my corals succesfully including:

- Spotted mushroom
- Ricordea mushroom
- Candy cane
- Branched frogspawn

Some other good news is I noticed just last week that I now have a second Porcelain crab in my tank, he is a baby one about 1/2" in size. Must have hitched a ride on my LR back when I set up and I just never noticed him till now.

Well I will post some new pics of the tank as I had to do the teardown and rebuild it the other week.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2005
Waterloo, ON Canada
Well, my court jester goby came in contact with my rockflower anemone; he managed to get away, but the next day I saw him being devoured by my shrimp. Guess the sting was to much for the little guy! (R.I.P.)

All else is going well in the tank, my orange ricordea have multiplied which is awsame as they sell for about $20-$30 per polyp locally... I now have 7 soon to be 8 polyps from my original colony of about 3 or 4.

Feb 6, 2005
Waterloo, ON Canada
Yeah "Slowly" is right!

I also got another small single greenish button polyp for free that has attached and is now multipying. I always like free stuff...actually all my button polyps started as single or only a small few, that I either got free or for like $5.00 and now I have a few big colonies that look realy nice.