New 46 Bowfront Reef

Limi310

Superstar Fish
Nov 30, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Free :D From my very best fish friend.

Personally I'd rather pay $30 knowing I was getting a healthy tank raised fish that has already been in QT for 3 weeks.
$10 fish is what kills the ocean :(

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
Brack-Man said:
:cool: Ummmm I happen to have the "sister" colony to Limi's sun coral... mine used to be 2 colonies on 1 rock so I split it and sent her 1 of the colonies, and this is the other 1

wow looks better when its all opened.

wats light are u using?

and wats the distance?

its a 380watt MH/CF combo unit....250 watt DE MH bulb with 2 65watt CF....the sun coral though IS NOT dependent on light though....so it doesnt really matter what kind of lights you have....if you have higher powered lights put it towards the bottom of your tank, preferably under an over hang of rock...if you have low power lights you can put them most any where. They do have to be hand fed about every other day, they do not like areas of extremely high flow but do like some moderate indirect flow. Anything else you need to know about them?

Limi310

Superstar Fish
Nov 30, 2005
Charlotte, NC
TRe said:
i herd you cut a 2 litter bottle and target feed that way iv also herd of people removing them from the tank to feed aswell
Yep...the bottle also helps as a way of keeping fish from stealing food out of it because they quickly learn that the sun coral is a free buffet.

Joe....not sure about the hairy mushroom as I have some that are brown and look nothing like the Ric.

Limi310

Superstar Fish
Nov 30, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Here's an updated pic of my tank...what I really noticed from the old pictures is how much the Anthelia has spread.
Also got my new Hydor Koralia tonight.....I'm VERY pleased with it so far.

Some of you may remember my 'Dead Coral' thread....http://www.myfishtank.net/forum/saltwater-general-discussion/45293-dead-coral.html I'm happy to say the coral is thriving and it's dropped like 8 'babies' around my tank.

Here it is getting ready to pinch off another baby:

Limi310

Superstar Fish
Nov 30, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Thanks guys :D I'm going to get rid of 2 large hermits that I have because they keep murdering all my snails - even my big mexican turbo. I only have like 2 or 3 astreas left :(. I'll keep all my teenie hermits, get rid of the big ones, buy more snails.....and I've been thinking about possibly one more small fish but I haven't figured out yet what I want it to be.
I'll post more pics of the corals and stuff soon.

Limi310

Superstar Fish
Nov 30, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Here's a pic of my new Yellow Watchman Goby....he finally came out of hiding long enough for me to snap a pic. He's still getting used to me. Right now he's chillin in 10 gal QT. I love his facial expressions :p

Last edited: