new digital camera

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
yea it is also out of control, it keeps dropping large (like 4") sections which I have been putting in a rubble pile and they attach and form nice little umbrella leathers. and yea my coraline is nice and thank you for the compliment, it can be a p.i.t.a. sometimes to scrape off the glass.

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
260 watts of PC on a 40 gallon tank. The coraline on this tank is nothing compared to the coraline I have on all the glass of my 90. My rocks have more coraline in the 40, but the glass in the 90 is covered but the rocks have less. The 90 has like 400 watts of MH and some PC for actinic

Jul 29, 2005
Sunny Cali & Rainy England
Can you guys offer any tips which would encourage coraline growth...other than removing my urchin? What kind of lighting does it require and how can I discover what kind of lighting I have?
4 x 48" flourescent bulbs. One is coralife blue actinic, one is a coralife 10,000, they other I can't read anything on (other than the Coralife logo) and the other is a regular kitchen strip bulb.

Oh, and nice BTA Aresgod! He's a giant!! Has your clown made him his home? I believe BTA's are most strongly prefered by Maroon clowns.

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
well, you already know what kind of lighting you have then...its standard flourescent. coraline tends to grow in tanks with high calcium and relatively low light, it doesn't seem to like really bright halides

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
I agree with camaro, coraline seems to grow really well un PC, but not under MH,
I also dose a 2 part Ionic supplement, but besides that thats all I do. as far as the BTA my clowns host in my hammer coral and I doubt they will relocate, however I might a some inverts that prefer the cover of a BTA. The clowns have actually laid eggs and some of them have hatched out and I am trying to raise them out in my fuge. there are pics of the eggs somewhere on this thread.

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
Ok so what is it? Tunicate?

ok, just found this, I think it is a tunicate or sea squirt, its got the tell tale hole ect...other ideas though? sorry about the quality of the photos, its the brown thing that is striped in the "middle" of the picture.

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
ok so as BTA's do he has moved again, this time in my favor, and not far from his original spot.

here it is just after it moved.

and this is him after a good feeding almost fully expanded.
I am a little afraid he might mess with my Euphylia but so far no harm no foul.
With flash, god thats a bad picture.

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
ok haven't posted in a while, new stuff

So I havent posted in a while, I have re-aranged the tank, and just got my underwater case for my digital camera, so I thought I would try it out....
New tank arangement

New Underwater case....