new digital camera

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
ok, just got a new fuge from fosters and smith, they are having a crazy sale on them, it is the hang on kind, it was pretty easy to set up, it gargled a little bit but I turned down the flow on the power head and it stoped.
also there is a pic of the mandarin, whom I am sure will be thrilled with the addition of the fuge.

This is inside the tank

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
its pretty empty at this point, I am going to go get some sand tommorow and then transplant some of my shoal grass and shaving brush plants to it tommorow. I was thinking 4 inch sand bed. also anyone have experiences/ prefences on miracle mud, I have never personally used and get the feeling that its is just an expensive not necesarry option.

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
all ive heard about the miracle mud is that you might as well just get some LS from the lfs or a local reefer and not waste the money. the little refugiums look to be a good deal at drsf+s...if you don't mind, how much did you have to pay for shipping?

Last edited:

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
ok, so I went to the LFS today to pick up 6 lbs of LS for my fuge and I came home with 6 lbs of LS and an enourmous GBTA, the largest I have ever seen, these initial pics don't do it justice, I will try to get a nice one of it fully expanded when it picks the place it would like to be.

These first 2 are pics of the fuge after I put a bunch of stuff in it.

ok so here is the beast still in the bag on a drip.

this is it in the tank

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
yea I am gonna try that. probably will move more into the back knowing BTA's

they are easy to get out of the bag, getting them off rocks is a different story, to get them out of the bag you gently peel away the foot, taking extra care to be gentle and not rip or tear the foot. Getting them off rocks is tough, I have used creditcards powerheads ect.... make sure not to buy them if they rip the foot trying to get it off when you ask for it.

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
yea this guys is such a beast, I think he ate one of my cleaners out of the herd, I found a regurgated abdomen and head underneath where his mouth was. Oh well, I can't blame him for liking the taste of shrimp.