oh no!

Well that is an example they come in different variations. I do suggest taking your fish back and do things the right way. Its not cruel to take fish into your LFS and sell them. Its just that you worry to much about their health then how they look in your tank. Me, personally, believe that you just want something to look at and not properly take care of it. You need to understand that they have feelings and they are living things as well.

xtr1gunf00lx said:
wow.. i just looked closer to the tank and the platy moved.. phew.. but its still kinda closer to the top.. and so is the other one.. so ill just pray they'll be alright :/
Well how many fish would you have left if they die???? If they die take back the rest of the fish immediatley. I suggest this weekend.

Oct 19, 2006
California
oh okay.. well i guess i will.. what fishes do u think i should get? something small?

well yeah thats what imma do.. thx guys.. ill just look at the signs that varies the adult sizes.. the gups and tets

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 23, 2005
Wisconsin
Whoa ok did you even cycle your tank?!?!?! Anyway I suggest taking all your fish back. A cycle takes about 4 weeks. You just have to be patient. When it is time to get fish. DO NOT get any type of goldfish. They are way to messy and grow too big.
Guppies and tetras are great beginner fish. Just make sure you have a fully cycled tank or bring in a sample of your water to your fish store and ask them if they can test it. Then ask if you can get fish or not.
Hope I helped. Welcome to the tank and good luck!

Smalltank

mattistat

Large Fish
Sep 9, 2006
Sothern California
James From Cali said:
Isuggest once you take every thing back and cycle your tank something like this:

3 Male Guppies
2 Male Platys
2 Otos

Also what is your lighting? How many watts? Flourescent or Incandescent(spl?)? You should consider plants if you decide to get dedicated.
i agree thats a good groupe

Dec 23, 2005
Wisconsin
In My Opinion. If you want to breed them, trust me you don't. Guppies breed and give live birth(livebearers(guppies, platies, swordtails, and mollies)) almost ever week and its a hassle to take care of all the babies.

Now. Have you read up on Fishless Cycling? Also. have you considered(more importantly when are you) getting a Test Kit? Also I use 2 pinches of aquarium salt per 10g's.

Edit: I hope you are willing to take your fish's lives into consideration and do research next time.

Also here is what I think you should get/do:

1. Test Kit
2. Lowlight Plants(anachris is great) to help with cycle and oxygen
3. Research, an underestimated key ingredient to fishkeeping

Last edited:

Seleya

Superstar Fish
Nov 22, 2004
Cape Cod, MA
Visit site
Good grief, are we going to go through this same thread with another screenname? How many times are you going to troll this website? :(

IF you actually have these fish, find them a home with someone who will care for them properly and find yourself another hobby. You're not ready to care for living creatures. (and let's not even visit the "I flushed them alive" foolishness this time, eh?!) :rolleyes:

Where's the "don't feed the trolls" sign when you need it?

MissFishy

Superstar Fish
Aug 10, 2006
Michigan
It sounds like you added way too many fish to your tank way too soon. If you'd read up on the tank cycle, you would realize that if you add too many fish, the ammonia levels in your tank would rise to deadly levels. It sounds to me like your fish are being poisoned slowly and painfully. When you cleaned out your tank, did you use any cleaning chemicals? That could be it, or it could be just ignorant ammonia poisoning. Fish excrete (poop) ammonia out into the water, so essentially, unless you cycle your tank, they are swimming in their own crap until you have some bacteria growing in your tank so that the bacteria eats it. Immediately do a 50% water change. Then get your mom, brother, dad, sister, SOMEONE to take you to the fish store with a sample of your water (please return the living fish too). They will test it for FREE. Ask them for the numbers they come up with, and post those numbers here. Those are your "water parameters." They measure how your bacteria colonies are growing in your tank. Fish will not live in uncycled tanks, and no product will remove ammonia, nitrites, or nitrates, so if someone sold you that, they are full of BS.

Take all the fish back immediately today. If that isn't possible, immediately do a 50% water change (treat the water with water conditioner as you add it). And answer my questions from this post. If you don't plan to do this, please quit posting and wasting our time. We shouldn't have to listen to endless decriptions about what your fish look like since you don't know what they are.