Picture Time (56k Warning)

Feb 6, 2005
Waterloo, ON Canada
That's to bad they are such interesting creaters. Same thing happend to one of my two Emeralds, had him in the tank for months and then one day never seen him again... that is until two days ago when I was making room for some new frags and There he (well his shell) was jammed inbetween some LR in the back.

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
A few new pics

Well, I have finally gotten some time (Spring Break) and money to sort of start getting the tank back to not sucking. I don't have any full tank shots yet (frankly, they would be too embarrassing) but I do have some mini scenes

The fish are a Maroon Clown and a Pixie Hawkfish (Cirrhitichthys falco). I really like the first one best.

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
I was leery about getting him given their propensity for eating crustaceans, but I haven't had a problem so far so I would say I am a very satisfied customer. I always liked the bicolor blenny I had and was looking for a similar behavioral pattern (would have gotten another bicolor if I could have found a healthy one) so I ultimately settled on the hawk. It is really enjoyable to watch it dart in and out in between perching. If you don't mind that it isn't constantly swimming (which I love) I would say go for it.

I'll try to get a better shot of him from the side.

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
Thanks ram. The clown is actually the first marine fish I ever purchased. She has been with me through two moves and for a good 5 years now. If you look carefully at the ricordia picture you can see it has left a couple little spawns. The neon green is another (different) ricordia of which there are 3 in the general area.

I'm also curious if any of you even spotted the emerald crab in the first picture; they blend in really well!

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
True...that tank was taken down in Aug 07...I now have a 90 which is progressing not much at all...it is just kind of poking along. I am still trying to decide whether to go SPS and if I do so, how to get the money to do it...