puppy

Lou

Large Fish
Jul 18, 2003
SW Wisconsin
www.waysmeet.org
Ok I take back all I said about our nice dog Fenn. We left for an overnight, had a friend let him out a couple of time. She opened the door and he wouldn't leave the mudroom...totally aggressive about it. Well maybe more defensive since he didn't attack her or anything, but he wouldn't be civil and go out to do his business. We already know we can't take him to a kennel cause he gets weirded out there, but I thought at home he'd be ok...so now we have to drug him if we leave? When we are around he's a gentle as a lamb...what to do?

ashleigh

Superstar Fish
Jan 8, 2004
Missouri
Visit site
yeah that Pomm in the water bowl is the cutest thing I have ever seen.
Lou, this is probably a stupid question but did you have the caretaker over for a while before you left? My dog can be a bit odd about people coming and going too. Hey and doesn't Fenris wind up swallowing the earth in the end? :)

MrMup04

Superstar Fish
Aug 13, 2003
i had a 3month old yellow lab.. he was really cute. i had him for about 2 1/2 months so then we had to give him away :( it was sad... i cried for hours

ashleigh

Superstar Fish
Jan 8, 2004
Missouri
Visit site
I would try that next time, I obviously don't know your dog but what seems to work with mine so far as accepting people goes- if he sees them come in the house at the same time I do a couple of times then they are okay (or at least acceptable ;) ) How long have you had Fenn? you'll find something that works for you.