Seaclone protien skimmer

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
hehe
yea i have a turbo flotor on my 90 gallon in the sump it works great but i really would only recomend it for sump use, its kinda noisy, i had another that i tried to use on my 40 gallon hang on style and it was justway to powerfull and noisybut it is a really nice skimmer for a tank with a sump

S.Reef

Superstar Fish
Dec 1, 2003
Michigan
I dont know...I bought the sea clone a year ago and it worked all right. Since I heard all the horror stories I bought a $300 dollar skimmer(Ocean life Systems), and it broke in about a month. Now im back with the seaclone and i dont have a problem with it.

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
agreed, however many times the more expensive skimmers are not the best, it really depends on what your looking for, they have there problems too, thats why i always read reviews and ask people that actually use them and look at what they think, also often the more expensive skimmers are more sensative and difficult to set up

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
yeah but if you play a little bit with the "ring rubbers" at the endings you could finally stop the leak until the next maintenance. It worked for me. I wonder if some teflon would be okay to prevent furthers " raaah pieeeece of sh******t Seaclone !!".

dbacksrat

Superstar Fish
Jun 3, 2003
Glendale, AZ
Visit site
today, i noticed the leak was still going, so i attempted to mess with the tube that goes into the base of the skimmer, and it popped off---a full seaclone dropped every ounce of water onto my brand new $12 surge protector....it smoked and hissed...luckily nothing got fried--i had a timer plugged in, a powerhead, and the moonlights to my orbit....if my mom discovers how much water ended up on the floor, i am screwed!!!! thankfully, the pump to the seaclone was off...but i think i'm going to go hang myself because of all the grief my seaclone has caused me...or maybe i'll go rob a bank and use the money to buy a more "plumbing secure" skimmer