Seaclone protien skimmer

S.Reef

Superstar Fish
Dec 1, 2003
Michigan
LOL...that reminds me of a time I almost got killed. Well once I had a feeder tank in the basement and we just put in brand new carpet. Well a seam in the tank broke and spilled the water and contents onto the new carpet. Thats the first time I almost lost my life. The second time was when I accidently began to siphon water out of my 90 gallon tank onto the floor with airline tubing...the tanks on the second story right above the renovated kitchen...second time I almost got killed...good thing it was only dripping a little through the cieling.

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
haha i got way better than that, i had a 10 gallon tank explode catch on fire leak 10 gallons of water through my second floor room into my brothers room below me frying his 40 inch tv, soaking his bed all at 3 in the morning....that was the first thing, second i had the seams blow on a 40 gallon tank i bought used luckinly i was standing right there doing a water change so i was able to siphon all the water out, another time i tried to make 2 piumps run in synch pumping water between 2 tanks, well after about an hour they were pouring water on the floor, thats why now when iever i try crazy plumbing schemes i do it first in the basement hahah its amazing how common these occurances arehehehe

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
Woah nightmares !

If think kind of s... happens to me i'd wish my mom would kill me instead of my landlord for killing his floor/surge/everything.

I think a good thing to do before maintenance is drinking a big coffee or taking lot of sugar...just to be focused enough

:p

dbacksrat

Superstar Fish
Jun 3, 2003
Glendale, AZ
Visit site
it would be better if i got a sump so it would be on the sump, in the cabinet, and out of the way...though i would have to worry about the cat knocking it over--last week, my cat jumped onto the eggcrate covering my 29 in an attempt to escape the dogs--nothing bad though

dbacksrat

Superstar Fish
Jun 3, 2003
Glendale, AZ
Visit site
my seaclone does a decent job of skimming--just be sure to check the intake tube where it connects to the bottom side of the skimmer...mine tends to come loose and leak/spill/destroy a brand new surge protector...everything is fine now (for the moment)
mods? did i hear mods? fill me in too

S.Reef

Superstar Fish
Dec 1, 2003
Michigan
I did run an airstone in it for a while...placed it through the return and under the inner tube. Too much air bubbles and it spills over too fast....really it needs fine tune adjusting to work well.

dbacksrat

Superstar Fish
Jun 3, 2003
Glendale, AZ
Visit site
i tried the 1st suggestion--replaced the air injector POS with an airline regulator...already, i have noticed an increase in junk in the collection cup
as for the 2nd suggestion--i have no idea how i'm going to get down in there...i tried taking the skimmer apart, but the inner tube seems to be inaccessable...