Shipped fish?

MOsborne05

Superstar Fish
Oct 3, 2005
Gibsonburg, OH
Hmmm, that's not that long. They must have been either unhealthy to begin with, or something wrong with the water or packaging. I've received fish before in three days, and all were alive. They weren't the ones that I ordered, but they were alive :rolleyes:

alter40

Superstar Fish
Nov 26, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I don't know what was wrong but the water smelled horrible. It was in a large syrofoam box with some bubble wrapped stuff inside it and two heat packs in there that kept them warm. I have no idea what went wrong.

alter40

Superstar Fish
Nov 26, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Well apistodave emailed me back and said to just send him $10 and he would send out another pair for me. Sure is better then the $35 that I thought he would be wanting for them.

Helena21

Superstar Fish
Oct 7, 2005
Essex, England
Well thats good :)
I've always thought that maybe if one dies, then the other one(s) will die shortly after too because of the small amount of water and the nasty ammonia from it decaying. I could be wrong tho lol

brian1973

Superstar Fish
Jan 20, 2008
Corpus Christi, Texas
I am sorry to hear that, I personally dont think you should be paying anything for him to ship replacements, you paid NDA shipping and it took them 2 days in below freezing weather....Thats not you fault. I have ordered reptiles thru mail order plenty of times and never paid shipping for DOA replacements. Just bad business IMO.

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
Yeah I dont agree with having to pay for shipping again with fish but unfortunately thats the way that its done. Its nice of ApsitoDave to do such a thing though. Good Luck with this next shipment. Id ask him to bag them seperately this time though.

alter40

Superstar Fish
Nov 26, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Yeah I will make sure to ask him to do that next time. I'm really not going to complain about the shipping that much, his auctions do say that if they are DOA that he will ship another pair out and you will just have to pay the shipping.

brian1973

Superstar Fish
Jan 20, 2008
Corpus Christi, Texas
I checked my packaging from mine i got on tuesday, it has a NDA label so if yours has that red NDA label you might contact the post office to see if you can get the shipping refunded since it didnt arrive the next day ,worse they can say is no, atleast then you wont be out the full $45 bucks.

I would guess that the 10 bucks is probably to cover the cost of packaging, since that is about the difference between the amount on the shipping label on mine $24.50 and the $35 he charges. I still dont agree with you paying anything but atleast then you get your fish.

alter40

Superstar Fish
Nov 26, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Mine wasn't sent NDA it was sent for 2nd day delivery and the shipping was $21.40 on my label. Maybe he did NDA for you because it was cheap enough that it wasn't a big deal.

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
It'll be well worth the wait :p In favor of ApistoDave some fish just dont travel well and so if they were bagged together its possible that the death of one caused the other. (I know that last part was already said :p but thats my hypothosis :D)

brian1973

Superstar Fish
Jan 20, 2008
Corpus Christi, Texas
I would try to get him to next day air them even if it cost you a bit more, I know I sound like a broken record but i think its well worth the extra expense. Seems odd though that 2 days in a bag would cause a bad smell like that, wonder if they didnt sit in a hot warehouse or office and overheat, since typically cooler temps slow the process of decay. Do you remeber if the water was warm or cold. I know doesnt really matter at this point just kinda curious. Oh did you get your Java moss?

alter40

Superstar Fish
Nov 26, 2007
Charlotte, NC
The water seemed to be warm. I may try to get them next day air but I'm not sure if I will or not. Two days isn't really that long and they should be ok.

And no moss at all but I'm talking to missfishy about getting some from her.