suggestions please?

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
that's actually very plausible...it hasn't happened to my open-top 40 gal yet even though there's a dining table right next to it and I clean that with windex all the time...
still windex is deadly x_x
sorry bout your fish. RIP fish...

hayer

Large Fish
Sep 2, 2009
thanx. i willl be restocking it with different fish(other than replenishing the white clouds, black neons, and cories). i waant some colorful schooling fish. my centerpeice fish will probably be a pair of pearl gouramis.

hayer

Large Fish
Sep 2, 2009
alright, this is what i would like to put in my 46 gallon tank:
3x sterbai cories
3x agassizi cories(2 are already in there)
6x black neons(5 are already in there)
6x whte clouds(2 are already in there)
6x cherry barbs
6x von rios
2x bristlenose plecos(already in there)
2x pearl gouramis
keep in mind this tank has been set up for 10+ years, so for the fish listed i am perfectly fine.

i was on aqadvisor and they said if the pearls start to breed, they may be too aggressive for they black neons, von rios, and cherry barbs. what do you gauys think? if this is true, whatother centerpeice fish could i put in there that get big enough to be noticed, but not too big.

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
if ur going to clean the tank or clean near the tank if the surfaces are synthetic like glass or plastic. use deluted vinegar and water. 2 parts water to 1 part vinegar. cleans as effective as ammonia and alcohol based cleaners but is not toxic to the fish if small amounts are sprayed into the tanks. so u might want to suggest that to the cleaning people.

hayer

Large Fish
Sep 2, 2009
i might be acquiring a 55 gallon tank with a bristlenosed pleco in it. i was thinking of putting an electric blue crayfish in it. so, what is compatible with an electric blue crayfish?

lauraf

Superstar Fish
Jan 1, 2010
Vancouver, British Columbia
Well, my goodness, a 55g with a BN pleco - I can't think of many community fish that wouldn't be okay with the bristlenose, but I don't know much about plecos . . . .
I'd love to have an (almost) empty tank that size to populate. If you can and want to invest the time and money, you could have a discus tank - maybe with rams and guppies - that would be so colourful! That's probably what I would do if I had that 55g and the BN wasn't going to be a problem . . . .
And there must be lots of great fish you could easily keep. So I guess you have to ask yourself, what interests you?

hayer

Large Fish
Sep 2, 2009
it's all good.
i got another cory cat(sorry, i only had 2 and forgot to update and now i have 3) and a pearl gourami. i love them. the new cory sticks like glue to the other cories and the pearl has circled the tank.