suggestions please?

Sharkee

Large Fish
Jan 29, 2010
lol no worries. we were just living our dreams through your sister since we have no empty cycled tanks we can play with. or at least I don't.:rolleyes:

hayer

Large Fish
Sep 2, 2009
yupp. but i forgot to laugh at your "living in my sisters tank" thing so, lol. do you think a group of a male and 2 female gouramis would work?

Sharkee

Large Fish
Jan 29, 2010
sorry watching hockey *BOUNCINGS. anyway, it could probably work. just make sure you've got some plants in there for hiding spots if needed. I used to have three gouramis. one of them bullied the crap of the other two. one ended up wedging himself in-between a planter rock and the tank. That's where he died. The other one I tried to save by isolating him away from big guy but even with that, he still was not left alone and eventually he went the same way as the other guy. that one was a gorgeous golden gourami with some green flecks on him. ugh.

Sharkee

Large Fish
Jan 29, 2010
YEAH!!!!! LUONGO IS AWESOME!!! oops wrong forum lol. I still wish I'm in BC right now!

My little buggers were all the same but only the fittest survived lol.

lauraf

Superstar Fish
Jan 1, 2010
Vancouver, British Columbia
YEAH!!!!! LUONGO IS AWESOME!!! oops wrong forum lol. I still wish I'm in BC right now!

My little buggers were all the same but only the fittest survived lol.
Sharkee, are you talking about gouramis now, or hockey players :) ???

Anyhoo, golden or blues are larger gouramis that I think are more territorial. I don't think they are as community-tank friendly as, say, pearls, but I'm certainly no expert. On gouramis, that is. Hockey players, well, I can tell you some stories ;)

Sharkee

Large Fish
Jan 29, 2010
I'm not sure about the personality of dwarf gouramis but if lauraf is right this could work for your tank. Just be sure that the tank is planted. They can be used for hiding space and two, judging by your 2:1 ratio, you'd like them to breed and they require something to builld their buubble nest on or under in this case.

As for hockey, well... at 5'7, I can hardly call most hockey players "little" buggers lol.

hayer

Large Fish
Sep 2, 2009
i was thinking like, dwarf gouramis(3; i male and 2 females) or pearls( 1 or a pair; 1 male and 1 female? also, i don't really care if they breed or not, i just think they(9males and females alike) are pretty. i have plenty of hiding spaces.

Last edited:

hayer

Large Fish
Sep 2, 2009
ok, as you cann see in my sig, a whole bunch of my fish are gone. They all died!!!!! :eek:some would die within seconds and others would die slowly. i don't know why though, because my water is great(0 ammonia; 0 nitrite; and 7.4 PH), so what happened?:confused: Please help!

btw here are some stockings i like for the 46 gallon:
6x black neon tetras, 6x lemon tetras, 6x white clouds, 6x von rio tetras, 6x cory cats, 2x bristlenose plecos, and 2x pearl gouramis.

6x black neon tetras, 6x white clouds, 6x cherry barbs, 6x von rio tetras, 6x cory cats, 2x bristlenose plecos, and a(some) colorful centerpeice fish[es]( ant suggestions?).

Feb 27, 2009
ok, as you cann see in my sig, a whole bunch of my fish are gone. They all died!!!!! :eek:some would die within seconds and others would die slowly. i don't know why though, because my water is great(0 ammonia; 0 nitrite; and 7.4 PH), so what happened?:confused: Please help!
The list in the signature changes after you update it for all posts you've ever had. What fish/how many did you lose? What happened right before they started dying? (add a new fish, do a water change, etc.?)