Tank pic..before and after..

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
this is weird..i tought i posted a reply...anyways, Lorna, i'll take more pics tomorrow, not all the zoanthids are on the pic.
A friend gave me some rocks again from his trip in Malaysia..

I just boiled them like 30 mn just in case even tough they were found on the beach and not in the sea

Last edited:

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
dunno if it's legit or safe/compatible in the northern states..
anyways my friend has his bags checked at the airport and no problems with the rocks; the beach where he found them was on an empty island...not polluted, an acropora lagoon filled with perculas..oh boy..i wanna be there..hehe anyways it's a clean place

Sep 26, 2006
New Jersey
I'm not sure i know when we went to Hawaii a few years ago i got some nice pieces of dead LR and it was a full beach and no one said anything also i remember i went to this reefy area and was grabbing fish i left when i seen this ell tho :D but I'm not sure the beach we go to are like 5 miles away from the main areas or the privet beach

Feb 6, 2005
Waterloo, ON Canada
The collection of live rock and coral is prohibited in Hawaii, you should always check the local laws before ever collecting anything from nature... The laws are there for a reason to protect and preserve the natural environment from total destruction and lose.

Though I do not know if dead washed up rock on a beach is in this catagory!

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
I was watching a show on discovery science and they were saying by 2048 there could be no seafood left. I don't think it will effect much of the reef fishes, but the fish that are caught for food. I guess that would have an effect on the ocean diversity.

Sep 26, 2006
New Jersey
nice close ups and i didn't know it was prohibited o.0 i did it because others were picking LR off these reef things but i just found it washed up and no one said anything and i guess they couldn't of said anything at the air port since we took a air force plane they dont look in the bags

FWSWBW

Medium Fish
Nov 19, 2006
tennessee
Beautiful tank..it can't see the first pics though of what it used to look like. That bubble is amazingly big..mine grows very slow..what was it you were adding? I didn't see any mushrooms, I may have missed them. Nice tank. I'm doing a 58 gallon FOWLR..that will probably turn into a reef. The nice thing about the dementions of my tank is the 30 gallon long lights will fit on the 58 tall, I will add more if I do turn it over as a reef, but I'll have that option. I'm thinking Butterflies for the new tank..I want some schooling fish so I may go with them. This tank I have came with a yellowhead moray eel..I had him for a while but he was so aggressive I couldn't keep anything with him..so I traded him for a bunch of corals. Here he is in a temp. tank.

FWSWBW

Medium Fish
Nov 19, 2006
tennessee
KahluaZzZ said:
well the pic with the bubble is a year ago, i gave the bubble away 'cause he needed more light..
got a crazy eel in there.
yea he was a killer, about 27" long I should have kept him..I'm regreting it now. Boy you couldn't tell by the picture.. looked like your bubble was at it's max. Mine was a free bee and it does need more light..but the funny thing is, when I move it up on the rock closer to the light it didn't come out as much, so I moved it back on the sand bed and it likes it there. No way near as nice as yours, I've had him about a year and a half and he is bigger than he once was. I'm thinking of trading him for something else, maybe another frogspawn or xenia. Any way nice tank.