Tank pic..before and after..

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
tnx all :)

Yeah it looks bigger than a 55 because it's 4 feet long.

Yep open brain. I think LPS are my favorites now. I love the transition between day and night that those LPS have. The new open brain has little tentacles when he's "hunting" at night altough it's not necessary.

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
well i just heard an experienced guy i know had one and his coral died within 1 week.
Dang. There are different opinions about how to keep them healthy. Some say the green ones need more light than red ones. Some say moderate waterflow, others say none. Often they are found in darker areas than many corals. Some say they need high lights. Well...mine is in a low to moderate ( variable ) flow area, under 150w 20000k hqi mh but with good distance combined with 40w 10000k fluo + 40w marineglo.
Well see what will happen. It looks happy but comparing the 2 pics, in the 2nd one he looks more pinkish than the first..mhh.
Tired of marineglo and coralife fake actinics.. anyone in canada who know how to get phillips REAL purple actinics in 40w ( t-8/t-12 ) ?
The only purple i can find in a URI but VHO...sucks.

Last edited:

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
You mentionned the ease. Yeah they can tolerate nitrates better than SPS i guess..but they are so prone to diseases and bad handling..and when they die, it's fast and not much you can do. Brown jelly ( i pray not to have this crap ever ) can wipe out all your other LPS in no time. I'll put a couple of those LPS in the "moderate" rating because of that. I never had too much probs with LPS ( ok i only have 4 ) but heard horror stories by friends or read about it. My only real prob in when my bubble was bailing out due to the heat wave

Anyways...you have a pic on your open brain coral ?