TRe's 300g build!

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
If I had more room that's how I would do it. Just build it in-wall and make a little "prep" room behind it that you can't see.

Oh, how did your old skimmer work for you? I'm looking at that model for mine.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
it worked pretty good but if u have room in yur sump for the same price theres others that work better! i only went with that skimmer cause i was very very limited on space .... if thats the case with you aswell id say go for it otherwise $370 could get you somthing that can perform way better ;)
i can say it was super easy to use right outta the box and was pulling some nasty skimate within a few days!

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
If you're going to go in-wall with a small fish room behind, you could build in an exhaust fan to the outside to remove some of the heat. Or, possibly put some kind of window A/C instead of a chiller, although I'm not sure which would be cheaper to run.

I think in-wall will really help you to fit in all the equipment you want now (or in the future). It will probably make the GF happier if she doesn't have to see all the "stuff."

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
yea it definitly sounds like a good idea! lol shes not too happy about giving up the space though... wer putting an addition on because our house is so small and than i got this huge tank thats 2 1/2 feet wide plus now i want an extra 3' :p if it wer up to just me id go with like 6' for the fish room ;)

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
Go in wall, then you can make a little room for everything. Not only the equipment but small QT tank and/or frag tanks!

Just something to think about though, think of the heat that will be in that space need some way to vent it out and what not, as well as humidity so it won't damage the walls or other materials in there.

You should just install a floor drain while you're at it. ;)

EDIT: Ok i see Lotus already suggested what i just did......learn to read Matt!

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
like i said if space is an issue its an awsome little skimmer! remember u could always get a skimmer that runs external, i over looked that option when ordering the tunze... im just glad i was able to sell it for close to what i paid new :D