TRe's 300g build!

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
so i found sum one in my reefclub thats selling a stand/canopy thats the exact dimensions as mine :D its actually just the skin so ill still need to get the frame welded... if i can work out a deal with them the build will officially be back on track! btw sumone saw my add for the tank for sale on craigslist n called me on it n i told them it wasnt for sale anymore :p

heres a pic of the stand

Last edited:

epond83

Large Fish
Mar 11, 2007
I'm glad this is back on track i was really looking foward to watching this build, for when i get to build my big tank when i'm done with college.

Oh and congrate to you too :p

Pure

Elite Fish
Nov 1, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
Tre, you can build the frame for the stand for less than 100 bucks if you use 4/4 posts. the weight of the stand will be no problem if you use 6-8 posts cut to 3 ft in length. For the rest of the construction I would use 2/6s. I made a rack with this basic construction for 9 30 gals so that's 270 gals of water. This rack was about 8 ft tall at the top of the tanks that were on it and I feel like it could of held way more weight.

This look like a fun build, good luck and congrats on the lil Tre on the way.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
ive got sum one willing to weld me stand out of steel for only $200 so i may do that just to be on the safe side but as of right now its looking good (im trying to get him to go down a little on the price)

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
so it looks like im guna pay $150 + do a little screen work (rescreen ther sliding door) doesnt seem too bad considering the quality of the stand.... im hoping to get a chance to swing by tommorow and take a look at the stand and see exactly what ill need to do the screen job ... ill prolly give them the $150 just to gaurentee it cause i really like this stand :D

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
i didn't get a chance to go look at the stand today n give them the cash so i hope its still there next weekend! i didn't think this size tank was so common but theres been like 3 other people aside from me interested so we'll see