Upgrading My SW Tank...Need Help/Advice

Feb 6, 2005
Waterloo, ON Canada
Star blennies are "Herbivors" and require a large amount of natural algea to graze on, so if you do not have an ample amount in your system you will have to suppliment feed him regularly with appropriate Herbivore foods.

Coral Placement you can get a ruff idea on liveaquaria: Saltwater Reef Aquariums: Live Coral for Saltwater Coral Reef Aquariums

Oh ya and be carefull not to unbalance your tank by putting all the rock and weight over to one side... try to evenly desperse it for safety reasons!

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
I know what the care is :p I was just wondering if you all thought hed be ok in there. Or if it were too many fish. I broke a few "rules" with my SW tank this last time and am sorta learning my leasson. :eek: So Im trying to fix my problems.

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
those are both actually algae, and despite what F&S say your fish most likely will eat them, if you do have a sump or fuge planned then they will grow readily in those under minimal lighting. I actually have a used refugium that works fine, that you could buy if you wanted to.

Reef Aquarium Filtration: AquaFuge External Hang-On Refugium

its that one, and I am pretty sure it is the medium one.

Feb 6, 2005
Waterloo, ON Canada
I had some of that Halimedia on one of my rocks before and I got eaten up by my urchin when I had it and as well either my Emerald or hermits finished it off after the urchin was gone.

Refugiums are great, I think Camaro has one of the ones aresgod is talking about and he likes his from what I recall. I have my fuge built into my sump!

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
they are neat and will look good in your fuge. Sounds like you have this well planned out and it will look great. Did you find any info on coral placements? The sprung (I think) book has a bit of info in it but you don't usually see much on where to put it exactly......not like a garden where you have numerous plans you can look at. It would be nice though and it would help out those that need a visual to go by.....

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
NOT MINE PICTURED

I saw this online and I LOVE IT. But with the way that my tank is set in the room it wouldnt work quite like that. So I think that what I am going to do it this:

The red is where I will put the eggcrate to cove up the overflow box and a powerhead that will go to the left of it. (there will be an opening for the outlet of the powerhead). Im going to create ledges and such with the rock. The Green is where I will put some rock. I havent figured that out exactly. I might just sorta let that flow. I figured this will open up room for the fish to swim and I think it will look neat. What do you all think???

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
Here is the tank. This tank has been up and running now for about 6-8 months (cant remeber how long weve had it. lol) With pretty much nothing in it. The light has been off for the past 3 months.
Here I am sitting at the desk (in the living room) looking at the tank

This is standing in the living room next to the the tank

We havent put the cherry trim on the tank yet. It will cover the oak trim on the tank.