TRe's 300g build!

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
lmao! i think to make me feel a little better about the whole lossing my dream tank thing i may have to buy myself a new kalk reactor :D

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
Congrats TRe, all the more time to think about how you will design your next tank in the future. I don't think I would be too disappointed with a 125... you could have a nano or something!

I'm having my 2nd little one in December so my reef fund is also limited.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
wow, congrats are definitely in order. I wouldn't be rash in selling out the dream tank as you really only need a couple of hundred to finish the work on it......though to fill it may be a different story.....Get Matt to send you some frags and you'd be set.... :)

Oh and for what it's worth.....a nice 125g is nothing to sneeze at and isn't puny in most books.....

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
well its guna cost alot more than a few hundred considering after the stand i still need: more light, more flow, more live rock... im estimating around $1000 when i could drop maybe $250 more into my 125 n ill be pretty happy with it (kalk reactor,ATO, and 1 more koralia)

Feb 25, 2008
Savage, MN
Congrats on the good news TRe, but I'm sorry to hear about your dream tank. That would have been one kickin display.

I think we should start a "Save the Dream Tank" fund for TRe. If we all sent him a few bucks maybe he could make it come true.

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
I don't know how i missed all the news on this thread Lol! Congrats on the baby Tre, me and my wife are also expecting.. The day after thanksgiving, our daughter is turning 3 in Oct. so she is going to have a little brother to pick on lol.. She's pretty excited about being a big sister..

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
BTW ive been really considering changing my mind and setting this thing up anyways id have to cut a few corners though like for example i cant afford to buy more rock so i could resort to pond foam and eggcrate, i cant afford the 400w mh's i wanted but maybe i could swing another 250w mh (i think 4 X250w should light up the 8') also instead of going with the closed loop i was think i could go with 4 X maxijet1200 with the sure flow mods (2000 gph each) + the 2 koralias i have now + the return pump, instead of going with a fancy reeflo for the return pump i could just go with a mag... i kno it wont exactly be my dream tank but itll be closer than what i have now

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
any one of those parts can be replaced later down the road as funds become available..... :) I say go for it.....there is some great ecorock to be found at

Bulk Reef Supply - Bulk Reef Supply

plus they have good prices on other stuff too. I personally buy my two part solution from them and have had awesome customer service. worth checking them out.