My 90

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
I've been using tropic marine pro reef since I started my new tank last year. I think it's the best salt I've used yet. I have no comlaints about instant ocean or reef crystals. I notice much more stable CA, ALK, etc.. levels with it. I have quite a few stony corals and a claim and I don't notice the drop nearly as much with other salts.

quaddity

Large Fish
Feb 25, 2007
Mesa, AZ
www.myspace.com
They actually are colored those were taken with my cell phone and for some reason it made them both look brown. The acro is a mix of light green, purple, and tan with brown polyps. I'm expecting it'll get brighter colors. It looks good now some branches are more green and some more purple. The millepora is light brown/pinkish with green polyps. When they are fully extended it looks all green. The acros are boring compared to the milles with the polyps blowing in the current. Mine is a swirling random current so the polyps are always moving in different directions.

Last edited:

quaddity

Large Fish
Feb 25, 2007
Mesa, AZ
www.myspace.com
so you going to go full blown sps now?
SPS and Acans are my thing for the moment ;) Zoas I think for the nice ones are still just overpriced. I can buy 1 polyp of Purple Death or 2 nice frags of SPS it's not much of a choice hehe.

There's a coral auction Saturday with some nice Acans. Will be my first auction so I hope I can stay within budget haha. Look at all these corals that will be on auction...droool.
AZ PROP Forum - THE PROP CORALS

quaddity

Large Fish
Feb 25, 2007
Mesa, AZ
www.myspace.com
Thanks I really like the way the millepora look in the tank with all the extended polyps blowing around. Acros just sit there ;)

Trying to figure out how to take better pictures of them. They look brown but the mille really looks green with the polyps extended and the ORA Scripps pink next to it is a dark red and pink with blue polyps. The acro has a green hue to it that didn't come across in the picture.

A few days until the auction. I'll be trying to get a royal blue Mille that day.

quaddity

Large Fish
Feb 25, 2007
Mesa, AZ
www.myspace.com
pretty good haul at the auction

Had a good time at the auction today. Spent quite a bit but I got a lot.

Here's my haul, pics after everything is open and looking good (pics now are sellers pics):
A couple inch multibranch frag of Acroberry $18

2 1/2 head red and blue acan lord with a couple babies. $20

those were my main two wants and I got them at good prices.

A big rock of over 160 green zoa with orange mouth (look like green bay packers) $15

A 1 head torch coral for a friend setting up a tank $6

Nice multibranch few inch frag of orange digitata $8 (couldn't resist for the price)

A frag of 20 007 Golden Eye Zoa with a couple baby blues for $20

Tricolor Milli pink/green/blue big frag of 10 branches $17

2" multi branch acro nana frag (looks cool bright white with purple tips). $6

2" frag of yellow/neon green birdsnest $8

A neon green and purple fuzzy mushroom $3

quaddity

Large Fish
Feb 25, 2007
Mesa, AZ
www.myspace.com
Snapped some pics of my tank with the new auction corals:

Hehe yeah now that they have opened some they are more of a lime green not like a green bay packer zoa:

red and blue acan lord:

Green and purple fuzzy mushroom

The 007 Golden Eye zoos with a nice aptaisia in the background I need to kill tomorrow:

1 head Torch:

Orange digitata, acropora nana, and pink pocillopora(free frag) on the far right.

A lot of SPS. New tricolor mille in the back left with all the fingers, green yellow birds nest in front of it with the acroberry next to it

Here's the acro I bought a week ago at that half off sale. Right under the halides it's starting to turn green.