suggestions please?

hayer

Large Fish
Sep 2, 2009
i have a 46 gallon tank with the fish listed in my sig. i was looking for suggestions on what else to put in to add a little color. i am open to all and i mean ALL suggestions.*thumbsups

also, my sister has a 29 gallon and doesn't know what to do with it. what do you think she should put in it. she would like to put a betta in it, because her other one just passed on. poor sharkbait:(. otherwise, she is open to any suggestions.

thx!! you all rock*DRUMMER*!!!

Sharkee

Large Fish
Jan 29, 2010
an empty 29 eh? since I have no space for this, I'll just suggest my idea. I would plant that heavily and put a whole whack of neon tetras and white clouds. Imagine all that schooling blue and red fishes swimming with white and reds with lush green plants on the background. I sooooo want to do this myself!

Aug 16, 2009
SW Pennsylvania
I agree with a pair of dwarf gouramis. Also, a pair of rams would be lovely.

Ooooh...yes! A planted 29 gallon would be awesome! Blood tetras, bleeding heart tetras, and/or black phantom tetras would also be awesome. There would be plenty of places to hide, so you really wouldn't have to worry too much about fin nipping.

Oooooh! OR...a planted tank with a betta sorority for her 29 gallon would be soooo awesome and colorful!

misterking

Superstar Fish
Aug 12, 2008
Manchester, UK
www.facebook.com
I agree with a pair of dwarf gouramis.
But only do a pair if you can find females for sale. Two males might get a bit aggressive towards each other.

Agree with the other suggestions so far :) For the 29 I'd personally go down the route of a school of small colourful tetras (neons would work well, rummynoses etc etc), with cories buzzing around the bottom, and a pair of rams, plus maybe a BN pleco for cleanup, and you should still have space for a betta :) I like the idea of heavily planted as others have mentioned.

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
speaking of guppies my LFS got in some guppy edler hybrids. I think thats how that fish is spelled. but they are realy neat. they look like guppies but the tail splits half way down. the center of the tail is clear and the top and bottom edge have the color and stream out nearly half as long as the body.

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
I'm betting there are some areas in the wild where endlers are going perfectly strong. granted they may be in trouble in alot of areas they probly have stronger numbers then people think. how many thousands of miles of streams and rivers run in south america attatched to the amazon that are virtually unseen, or untraveled?

hayer

Large Fish
Sep 2, 2009
in the 29, there is a BN pleco, a bumblebee goby, 5 platies, 3 cory cats, and a male betta(may be moved). the tank was already cycled in case you are wondering.

what about the 46? i didn't think gouramis could go with bettas?

Sharkee

Large Fish
Jan 29, 2010
yeah, I woudln't put gouramis and betta together. pick one or the other.

I think we were all thinking that the 29 was an EMPTY nice and cycled tank lol

hayer

Large Fish
Sep 2, 2009
sorry. the day i posted was the last response was the day she added the fish. sorry about that.

also, the betta is already in the 46.