55 Reef Chronicles

Jan 16, 2004
Syracuse, NY
Heres a couple pictures of the growth of 2 small sps frags I have

Acropora growth (whitish tip at end) specimen didnt show much growing over the past months but is doing better

Montipora digitata growth (all the white tips) these frags have been doing great, growing well (though it was hindered by a blackish growth that formed on one branch), same specimen from earlier photos

Jan 16, 2004
Syracuse, NY
Thanks, lately it has been looking really amazing, I eliminated all visible aiptasia, corals all nice and open... good stuff.

Only problem is the gramma and firefish disspeared on me. Oh well. No more smaller fish for this tank... dont have good luck with them.

Feb 6, 2005
Waterloo, ON Canada
Nice stuff!

I was thinking of try my hand at some Acropora, but not sure with my current lighting (65w 10k and 65w actinic compact fluorecents)... should be okay at the top of the 20g tank, but not 100%. If I can get my hands on a small frag for cheap I will probably go for it.

Jan 16, 2004
Syracuse, NY
Thanks salty. Ive seen acro live but not really grow under high pc lighting, but under halides they do so much more better. They usually just die eventually under pc.

Heres some tank pics

Hammer is expanding and growing more heads, doing awesome

Pics of the 3 fish (coral beauty blending in real well with black background in this shot)

Not an aiptasia in site. But there is a hidden hermit crab

Jan 16, 2004
Syracuse, NY
Update... picked up this little frag about a week ago, it came from a truely amazing colony in the display tank we have at work... a pinkish colour with a greenish sheen.

Monti Digi is going strong... looking greener than ever.

Jan 16, 2004
Syracuse, NY
Yeah, I was going to go with the kole but when it came down to it sure yellows are yellows, but it was taking forever to find a kole in perfect color and condition here, most are drab. Im pretty pleased with this tang though, great colour and behavior.