8 Gallon Nano Journal

Helena21

Superstar Fish
Oct 7, 2005
Essex, England
Finally got my lights in. They are 2x 24w T5 compacts (the same as PC i think) anyway....one of the units doesnt work, so im trying to get my money back. So at the moment i have 1x 24w blue running along with my orginal 18w T5 compact white light. I will get another 24w unit so i can have all 3 lights running together.

Now, i didnt really know what to do with the 24w light because i dont have a hood so atm im just resting them on the top with a gap inbetween the light and glass cover. Looks abit weird but its fine.
Here some pics. The first 3 pics are to show you how i have set up the blue light...but i had to turn off the light because the pics came out blurry otherwise....

with the 18w WHITE light ONLY:

now with the BLUE 24w and the original 18w white light:

Tell me what ya think :)

Last edited:

DclownD

Large Fish
Jul 11, 2006
Syracuse, Ny
wow very very nice once i finish setting up my beta tank and then my guppie tank maybe ill set up a sw nano cuz yours is amazing and i love the little green guy... also when i had my sw tank before my trip.... my firefish never jumped out

Helena21

Superstar Fish
Oct 7, 2005
Essex, England
Thanks :) what little green guy? i only have a clown in there and a green ric but you cant really see it in the pic....are you talking about that green thing on the sand? if so thats a shell with some green algae growing on it lol.

im gonna get some more corals soon, and make it a nano reef :)

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
Ive added new sand to my tanks multiple times and it has never caused a mini cycle, its just another substrate that has been washed and cleaned so there is nothing dead in it. I would be more worried about live sand starting a cycle.

Helena21

Superstar Fish
Oct 7, 2005
Essex, England
Wow! i havent updated this thread in a long time. Nothing much has changed really, i got some zoas but im pretty sure they've got zoa pox :(.
Anyway....i got my MH today :D its a 150w with a 20,000K bulb, although it doesnt look very blue, just a more normal sun colour. So now ive got 18.75wpg
PICS :D

The tank looks SOO dark in that pic above, but in real life its VERY bright :)
oh also, heres a pic of my nice green zoas......but they havent opened up yet in the MH lighting, probably because of the zoa pox :( and i have no idea what to do about it.

Last edited: