another step by step account

dbacksrat

Superstar Fish
Jun 3, 2003
Glendale, AZ
Visit site
i have the pics--but i cant figure out how to upload yet--it says they are too big...hopefully later tonight, i'll be able to upload them, or i'll figure out how i can get past parental controls (*obscenity deleted*) and maybe i can email em to someone

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
if you are on windows, use MS paint

start menu -> programs -> accesories -> paint

open the picture you want to edit

then on the menu select: image -> stretch/skew -> change the stretch horizontal and vertical percentages downward until it gets the size you want.

:)

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
glad to help, wanted to see the pics ;)

clown looks to be doing his thing, looks healthy (not saying he should go in the display yet :))

as far as the unknown object, i have no clue...could be a small mushroom...if you can crop just that section from the original large image and upload it youve got a better shot. basically, in paint, make a box around the little thing and press [ctrl]+[c] then open a new image (under file) and press [ctrl]+[v] to paste the selection in. should be able to then go to image->attributes and set the size to 300x300 pixels and it will cut off the excess white. save that and upload to mft. yah, i know, it sounds complicated...lol...you can AIM me (Rabid Caribou) or PM me if you want and i can try to walk you through it a bit more. AIM is a better option

i like the aquascaping, looks like the LR has pretty nice color on it too. it will really darken up in a couple months...remind me, which variety did you settle on again? is it the fiji from drs f&s? just make sure it is all really stable, but it looks like you are on a roll!

Kevin

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
your cycle is complete if i recall correctly.....so now is the time to add some snails and some crabs!

i dont QT my inverts, so i would head out to the lfs, pick up a few of each (read around on these forums for some suggestions) and let them be free. dont need to feed them, they will scavenge off the LR just like the hitchiker crab...are you running your lights? surprised you arent seeing any algae

still dont know what your mystery thing is, but hey...thats part of the fun...in time youll figure it out

Sep 15, 2004
Tucson, AZ
Visit site
I had a question. What do you have running your QT tank, filterwise. I am going to be converting my 29 gal into a salty and i have an extra 10 laying around to use as a QT. I also have an extra whisper that does 90 GPH. Is that good enough or should i get something else.