Good Community fish for a 15 Gallon Freshwater

paperdog9

Large Fish
Dec 11, 2009
Your Imagination
well, I'm basicly wondering if the heater is suppose to keep the tank at the same temp without going up or down. Like the temprature on mine keeps moving up and down between 74 and 77 degrees, and is not staying on one perfect temprature. I was just wondering if it is normal for the heater to make the tank's temprature rise and fall a few degrees instead of keeping it one degree. soryy, this is really confusing to say. :(

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
ok I think I get it. do you mean to say that this happens within a short amount of time? or is the tank 74F in the morning/night, and 77F at around midday?
This really depends on the ambient room temp. the colder it is at night (I'm guessing thats the issue for you) the more fluctuation. it's not very good for things in your tank....maybe you need a stronger heater or another heater thats the same as the one you have. running heaters helps out a lot :) especially if one was to fail

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
instead of the tetra AND the platies. plus you have to keep your tank covered and saran wrap any holes in your hood (filter/heater/etc.)

IMO hatchets are cool but way too much trouble to keep in a regular tank.

Feb 27, 2009
My Chili Rasbora school together a lot, but when they are just chilling (i.e. not at feeding time or nothing big walking by the tank that scare 'em for a second), they scatter. What is fun to watch is how they all get into 'formation' when they know its feeding time!

paperdog9

Large Fish
Dec 11, 2009
Your Imagination
AAAAAHHHHHHHHH CAN'T MAKE DESISION!!!!!!!!!! Can someone please help me to decide what to put in that is south-amercan!!! All I have is 3 otos,very good filterations, and a few plants, so everything else undecided! WHAT SHOULD I GET!!!!!!!