My New Crays :)

MOsborne05

Superstar Fish
Oct 3, 2005
Gibsonburg, OH
I'm not sure yet. I've read that you don't have to with the CPO's because they won't eat the babies unless they are starving. I do have a few extra tanks lying around, so I might set one up for them if they looked cramped in the 10 gallon. At $10+ each, I want to make sure as many survive as possible to help pay for this addiction!

MOsborne05

Superstar Fish
Oct 3, 2005
Gibsonburg, OH
Updated Pics!

Here are some updated pics of the crays. They have moulted a few times, and are getting much bigger! First off, here is a new full tank shot.

Cray #1 (which I believe is male)

Cray #2 (which I believe is female)

MOsborne05

Superstar Fish
Oct 3, 2005
Gibsonburg, OH

The lighting is two 13 watt compact fluorescent bulbs, and the filter is a Boyu sponge filter. It seems like they like all of the little caves & crevices that the rocks provide, and they love climbing in the guppy grass!

Jul 19, 2007
clemson,sc
mine do that too! lol as soon as they see me, both of them come to the front get their grub and again go out of my sight...I got them 5 glass shrimp but all but one of them have disappeared..and they are the size as my crays

what kind of camera are you using to take your pics? Mine wont take such small detail..I dont have a macro lens..thinking of getting one

emmanuelchavez

Superstar Fish
Feb 22, 2008
:(

NNNNNOOOOOO!!! You've tempted me! Maybe my 29 gallon will feature some dwarf crays? Depends on whether I can find them locally or not... the parental keeps getting aggravated with the number of boxes I have coming in containing fishy stuff :)