My New Crays :)

MOsborne05

Superstar Fish
Oct 3, 2005
Gibsonburg, OH
LOL :) They are awesome and I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for an interesting critter to watch. That is part of the reason they are getting my 45 gallon tank, because that tank is in the living room and the tank they are in now is in the yucky basement.

Just to tempt you even more, there is a sexed pair up on Aquabid right now, from the same breeder that I got these guys :)

MOsborne05

Superstar Fish
Oct 3, 2005
Gibsonburg, OH
Update!

I just got 4 new juvies from Germany, and I moved the two that I had into the 45 gallon. Eventually the juvies will be moved into the 45 gallon with the other two. Here's a pic of the new guys when I first got them, and my original pair.
New Juvies

Original Pair

And the best thing is this:

They must like their new tank, hopefully I will have babies soon :)

MOsborne05

Superstar Fish
Oct 3, 2005
Gibsonburg, OH
Yep :D They had only been in the big tank for a week and they did the deed twice that day! The female has been hiding ever since, and has staked claim to one of the big breeding eggs, so hopefully I will have babies soon. She did come out briefly yesterday to find some food, and she wasn't berried, but hopefully she will berry soon. Or at least now I know that they are indeed male & female :)

MOsborne05

Superstar Fish
Oct 3, 2005
Gibsonburg, OH
Not really. She still isn't berried yet, but she has been hiding alot lately so that is a good sign. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed! I've lost one of the new guys though, I'm not sure why. It was pretty much dissected by the time I found it, so I don't know what happened. The other 3 are going strong though.

How are yours doing?

skratikans

Large Fish
Jul 19, 2007
clemson,sc
I have put mine in my 33long after I saw that one of them looked like it was dying, and I usually see half of them at a time...sometimes I dont see them for a while and then out of no where they come out of hiding..one of my females has made a tunnel in the corner of the tanking and is hiding...I hope this turns out well

MOsborne05

Superstar Fish
Oct 3, 2005
Gibsonburg, OH
No, the original pair are the only ones in the main tank for now. The other 3 are in the crays original tank, which is a 10 gallon. I just got a 30 gallon long though to replace the 45 gallon. The 45 is just too tall, and I'm having a hard time getting plants to grow even with my t-5 lights. So DH bought me a 30 gallon long at the lfs this weekend :) The back needs to be painted before I set it up, and then I have to transfer everything from the 45 gallon into it, and move the crays. It is going to be a long process, so it probably won't get done until hopefully this weekend.