My new Saltwater tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 15, 2005
Port Dover Ontario
ok guys i have just noticed millions of algea on my tank so today i got my cleanup crew i got 10 turbo snails, 1 serpent sea star, 1 emerald crab and 1 pink sea urchin i also got 19 more lbs of live rock so now i have 61 lbs it is doin good and will write back soon

Feb 6, 2005
Waterloo, ON Canada
Your tank is to new to be putting in Urchines and Sea Stars as they are not very tolerant of unstable water conditions and there is know way your tank is properly cycled already and stable.. you just set it up! Even if you bought Cured LR you are still going to experance die-off due to transporting it and setting it up in a new tank/new water conditions. In my opinion you are rushing to fast, slow down and enjoy the experiance! Your inhabitants may not die but you are putting them through unneeded stresses that could result in death.

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Me 5. As you've got cured live rock you're probably going to be ok, but if you aren'y ok you'll likely know by now. I am quite a fan of urchins as very effective algae eaters though many will also demolish more desirable creatures when they're out of algae.

Any I would likely sit back and enjoy for a couple of weeks. My tank took the best part of a year to settle down, so don't rush too much.

brit_s86

Large Fish
Mar 28, 2005
Our tank doesnt look like crap.Its a fairly new set up,we dont need aclean up crew,though if we would have rushed,and killed fish in the process,we prolly would have needed one too:)

Status
Not open for further replies.