Picture Time (56k Warning)

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
its doing really well...ive had it for about 7 months; started as one small stalk and now I have 7 or 8 I believe. Grows like wildfire. I actually kind of want to get rid of it and find an encrusting variety instead...i keep looking when i go to the lfs, but no luck yet

dbacksrat

Superstar Fish
Jun 3, 2003
Glendale, AZ
Visit site
hey thanks for the attention :)
i cant really tell if my leather is spreading yet because i've had it for just over a month--the thing that has me puzzled is possible deteriation/recession at the base...i recently removed aiptasia from there (hoping that was the problem) so i am awaiting results
during transportation, a small "frag" of my newly accquired s. dura broke off, so that's as much "fragging" as i've done

there's a reefer in town that is constantly giving away xenia--i think i'm gonna get mine that way :)

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
yah, that xenia just grows like a weed for more people...the aiptasia could quite possibly have caused the problem you describe. if it continues to get worse you could always save a few pieces to try to propogate...hopefully it doesn't come to that though

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
yea it grows like a weed, in the 90 gallon i am litterally pulling it every week chiping under the rick and giving it away, but in the 40 ahh i love my xenia eating nudi and those are the only softies he eats, amazing.

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
Today I bought a Lobophytum pauciflorum (at least thats what I think it is...it may be a low growing Cladiella or Alcyonium). First time I have ever seen anything like this in an LFS. If it cooperates I will take a picture and maybe someone here will be able to confirm.

Last edited:

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
thanks...wish i could get a positive id...iver ruled out Lobophytum for sure, but i am still thinking it might be Cladiella because as i look at more pictures and such the polyps look too short for Alcyonium