Picture Time (56k Warning)

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
the "dirty" sand is actually algae growing from ambient lighting in the room on the very edge of the glass...if i stirred it up regularly it might go away...or not

the fuzzyness right above the sand is where i missed with the magnet cleaner

dbacksrat

Superstar Fish
Jun 3, 2003
Glendale, AZ
Visit site
WOW--that's pretty amazing--can't wait to see the end result (the point where its time to upgrade to a bigger tank)
just a question: what is the object on the left side of the tank? is it some sort of built in overflow? maybe a wavemaker?

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
traded in some zoanthids today (i had placed a few pieces of branch for them to grow onto) and got a bicolor blenny and some SPS frags. Not sure why I got SPS frags as the zoas and the blenny were about equal in value imo, but the LFS owner asked me if I wanted them so I said "umm...ok" and I took them. They are Montipora capricornis and Montipora digitata. The Monti. cap is that nice green with the pink frindge, the digi is brown with purple polyps...i imagine the Monti cap will go brown on me though under PCs. anyway, pics to follow over the weekend or maybe tommorow

edit: also got annoyed at the xenia and cut all that out except for one very small sprig (in case i like it again or something). I plan to attach 5 of the pieces to some rock and trade it back to the LFS if he will take it (he doesn't have any in stock right now)

Last edited:

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
Umbrella Leather

After the trade of some of the zoas and the xenia weeding I moved some stuff around so here is the umbrella leather in its new home...its happier there out of the strong current a little more