TRe's 82g build

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
Wrasse's are a good preventative but they arnt going to eradicate the problem! I wish it was as easy as adding something like Flatworm Exit but its not. These are AEFW's (Acro Eating Flat Worms) and all Acros must be removed from the system, Quarantined for almost 2 months, and dipped once a week during that time! So it kinda IS a big deal (to me anyways) seeing as how most of these Acros are well encrusted onto my rock work (about 15 differant Acros) 2 of the most popular choices seem to be Fluke Tabs or CoralRX. Im hearing that some Acros are sensitive to the CoralRX and dont react so well. On the other hand I was just told that the company that makes Fluke Tabs has stopped making them so they may be hard to find...

Last edited:

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
Update on the Flat worms... I dipped all my Acro's and quarentined them in my frag tank. Sucks cause I had to break all the Acros off my rocks were they were encrusted! Everything was dipped in Coral RX and I plan on leaving the display Acro free for a few months to let what ever Flat Worms are in there starve to death. In the meantime I will re dip the Acros another time or 2 while in quarentine... Also got a Yellow Coris wrasse to help out a little aswell

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
More than half my Acros didnt make it thru the first dip! the few that made it seem to be the ones that still were healthy before the dip.. ALOT of flat worms came off in the dip tho! Im suposed to dip everything again this weekend but im kinda scared cause ive still got a few nice pieces

Last edited:

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
Sorry to hear that man! Yea I've been going through alot of things in the last 6 months.. Still no tank and no funds to get 1.. My tranny just went out in my truck and I just started a new job so now im screwed lol.. seems like that's how my luck has been going lately

susieq728

Medium Fish
Jan 31, 2010
Midway, GA
The tank is coming along awesome, Tre! That pic of you and your son is cute my kid and I do the same thing sometimes, he loves it! Of course, he's named all of our fish, usually Nemoish names, naturally.

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
I haven't been around lately, but just skimmed the latest posts/pictures. Looks really good, great colors and pictures. I just broke down my Saltwater tank today, caught the discus bug big time and really lost intrest in the SW. Love looking at nice SW tanks, but once yours becomes just a cyno breeding ground its no longer worth it...so I broke mine down. Much cooler in the room without that 250w MH! LOL Maybe i'll set up another sometime down the road.

Great camera work TRe. I just bought myself a new one a couple months ago, love it...Canon for life! ;)

LOL at your son wiping his own fingerprints off.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
Sucks you lost interest Matt! As far as the Cyano thing I feel you but at the same time its nothing weekly water changes cant solve! :p My advice is next time your ready to jump back in make your tank as automated as possible so theres no excuses! For me this is a very rewarding hobby and I dont know what id do without it! I buy a frag for $20 and 6 months later its a colony where I can cut multiple $20 frags from it to the point the corals in my tank are supporting my addiction/hobby :p I LOVE IT!!!

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
Thats pretty close to my dimensions! And the Purple Death Paly's started as a single polyp a few months back and now about 10 polyps, at that same time I got 2 polyps of Nuclear Green Paly's and those are now over 20 polyps... BTW what camera did you get?