TRe's 82g build

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
The annual Frag swap was today which means I got lots of nice stuff! :D I was there selling frags from my tank so that paid for MOST of my day :p Heres what I picked up:
Sunset monti
Green Humilis acro
Superman monti
Purple Tort
Yellow Tort
Blue Chalice
Hollywood Stunner chalice
Bam Bam zoos
Acans
Super natural monti
Turquoise Stag
and a few others that arnt coming to mind... BTW I only spent $15 more than I made so its like i got all that for $15!

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
I can't belive you are already fraging corals out of your tank , looking good and getting better. See if you can get your hands a a frag of a Purple Monser coral, would love to see that grow in your tank.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
Im kicking myself now cause I saw a Purple Monster at the swap and was considering it @ $50 for 1 inch.... Later after leaving the swap my wife told me the guy selling it told her she could have anything he had for half price towards the end of the day cause he didnt wanna go home with a bunch of stuff! woulda been nice to grab that piece for $25! ohwell wasnt meant to be I supose!

The green thing at the top left is a acro (humillis) the thing on the right ive had for a few months its a green elkhorn monti... paid $20 for that mini colony of the Humillis, $20 for the Superman and $20 for the Sunset all good deals IMO

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
Been a while since an update! The tank is doing good, could be doing better. Everything is growing like crazy the colors just arnt exactly where i want them... Was having a few problems with my ATO/ Kalk Reactor so for now its just the dosing pumps to maintain my cal/alk IMO its doing a good job tho... anyways on to a few pics (still learning how to used the new camera/lens)

Macro shot of Favia

been getting into LPS lately

lol got my son wiping his finger prints off the tank!

War coral

A pic of me taking a pic lol

Toadstool Macro shot

Me and one of my sons sitting in the recliner staring at the tank as always :p

Last edited:

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
Thats a big lens on that camera.
For christmas both me and the wife wanted a new camera. Instead of her getting me a present, me get her a present we went half on a Canon Rebel XT and come to think of it I was the only one working so we didnt really go half lol and the big lens is a Tamron 90mm Macro *SUPERSMIL now if I could only learn how to REALLY use this thing ill be able to justify the $800+ we've spent on it so far lol