40 gallon Reef Journal

Thanx TRe! Graduation has been stressful lol, but now im done and i just want to sleep and relax for a week. i need it lol. One good thing about my LFS is they have quality fish. lil pricey, but quality. Im surprised how my tank has ran smoothly, after seeing my uncles tank crash time after time, i wasnt sure how this was gonna work, now im glad i did it, i even started up a 10 gallon for college!

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
Just a burning sensation (Unless you are allergic). But Zoas and Palys carry some of the most toxic toxins in the world. Injesting some could be deadly. Many reports of reefer's dogs licking frags while the reefer frags and dying later that day. Thats why its always a good idea to wear gloves when you do anything in the tank, i was just giving jump a hard time. You protect yourself from your reef's defense by covering your open cuts and covering any "stuff" you have on your hands you don't want to introduce to your tank.

So, yes its a good idea to wear gloves when you handle your reef. AND wear eye protection while fragging, especially Zoas and Palys.

big54bob

Superstar Fish
Dec 20, 2006
On my office chair playing Runescape
Just a burning sensation (Unless you are allergic). But Zoas and Palys carry some of the most toxic toxins in the world. Injesting some could be deadly. Many reports of reefer's dogs licking frags while the reefer frags and dying later that day. Thats why its always a good idea to wear gloves when you do anything in the tank, i was just giving jump a hard time. You protect yourself from your reef's defense by covering your open cuts and covering any "stuff" you have on your hands you don't want to introduce to your tank.

So, yes its a good idea to wear gloves when you handle your reef. AND wear eye protection while fragging, especially Zoas and Palys.
Matt you are one SOB

got a bunch of stuff today. a refractometer(love it) Reef Fanatic ATO, so far seems to be working great. I got it running through a DIY kalk reactor. 2 buckets of salt. and hopefully today i should be getting my zoas. hopefully. i leave for camping tomorow. and if they dont come in today. then $#!t. im so excited to get them. also yesterday my LFS had a going out of business sale. yeah. it sucks, now i have to drive 2 hours to get anything for SW. thats how much NM sucks. alot. But i did get a few goodies and a huge acan frag. like the size of a small dinner plate. im gonna have to frag it off. way too big. but it got it for 30% off of 60 dollars so im happy. Pics coming tonight

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
Did you DIY the kalk or get it DIY? Could ya send me the plans? I was thinking of doing a simple drip DIY out of a milk jug but if you have something more high tech i'd like to take a look at it!

A dinner plate? That ain't no frag my friend, you scored an Acan Colony! And they usually sell for hundreds! ;) Looking forward to pics...

Well i have my ATO fill line going from aqualifter to sealed container(kalk reactor) all the wway to the bottom of the container. Exit line i put about 3/4 way up, just so it didnt overflow accidentally by some weird chance. and that exit line runs to the sump, and is gone. forever. lol i used to drip out of a milk jug, but 1) its hard to fill up 2)if you use that lil "needle valve" that works with the airline tubing(the blue screw one) tends to leak out of the valve. which made it inconsistent. and put the valve before the kalk reactor, cuzit will get clogged if you dont.

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
Nice sized acan, any closer pics? Tank looks good, looks nice a clear and clean. Diatoms really backing off now?

AWWWWWWWWWWWW ;) That is a good looking puppy for sure though.

LOL Monsters, my last week in bootcamp we could buy candy, drinks, etc but we couldn't bring them back to the squadbays. However you were allowed to bring green monsters back and "donate" them to the Drill Instructor's collection box that was hidden in a footlocker in the back of the squadbay. "Operation green monster"