building sump

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
ok im obviously doin something wrong here.... when i came home from work yesterday i had noticed that the water level in the tank was filled up higher than it was the day before than i noticed that the overflow box had some what lost suction :eek: im mean it was still draining down just didnt seem as fast as it was be pumped back in the tank......i sucked the air out of the overflow and the water level went back down to normal...now i just woke up and the same thing :eek: so far its been 2 days and each of the 2 days i had to re prime ... any help??? what am i doin wrong??? that little tube sticking outa the overflow box i read somewhere to tie that after you suck all the air out???

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
i got this one i havnt tried the powerhead yet just cause i didnt really want a powerhead right next to the box but i will if needed...like i said it came with no instructions:eek:

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
TRe said:
if i can get away with just hooking it up to a power head than that sounds better than getting a seperate pump ( another plug! :eek: )
lol i know wat you mean im trying to stay in the 6 outlet thing...buts its hard with a heater/powerhead/light/LED light
worst part is im using a timer which covers 2 outlets...

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
ok ive got this theory.... if i put the end of the tube under the water it wont allow any air in thus keeping the suction ?? sounds good in my head anyways :rolleyes: i did it a few hours ago and so far so good