Picture Time (56k Warning)

radamsk1

Large Fish
Apr 23, 2005
Long Island, NY
Love the polyps. I saw a collection of a mixed colony once, with about 10 different types, all mixed in well and alternated. It was really cool looking.

Jul 29, 2005
Sunny Cali & Rainy England
dbacksrat said:
actually rockingcricket, zoas need about the same amount of light...they are some of the easier corals to keep
Thankyou dback, that's awesome to hear. I thought I was just limited to mushrooms with my current lighting. It appears that Zoa's will give a much better display (judging by Camero's system). I've got something else to read up on now. *celebrate

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
cricket: the maroon is pretty much that dark. she was much more redish when i got her but has gotten quite dark.

Sam: I only have one maroon...ive been tempted to get a second but have not yet done so

as far as zoas vs mushrooms I like both but there are certainly more color variations of zoas

Jul 22, 2004
northern illinois
Visit site
1979camaro said:
cricket: the maroon is pretty much that dark. she was much more redish when i got her but has gotten quite dark.

Sam: I only have one maroon...ive been tempted to get a second but have not yet done so
why do you think she is so dark? i have read that pairing maroon clowns prove to be difficult and to get the smallest one you can find and introduce it to her and if she dont like it to pull it out and try again hours later and if after the 3rd time you should forget that particular one if she didnt take to it and try another. that is why i bought mine as a pair.. seems odd her being so big and him being half her size,, lol,, i guess women have to have the upper hand sometimes.. lmao j/k

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
i don't know why she is so dark, there are always color variations and i have seen many in stores which are that dark. she is still clearly maroon

algae bubbles? if you mean vallonia then yes i have one small bubble

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
euphyllia

this guy did really well during the move. I put it in a tall cylindrical tupperware type container and floated it using styrofoam banded to the skeleton. i fully expected it to become damaged in the process but it arrived in perfect shape