Picture Time (56k Warning)

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
Pom Pom Crab

Got a fun new invert today...I will be interested to see how he does in my tank as they seem to be well reccomended in some sources and listed as a difficult crab to maintain in others

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
pom pom crabs are great, they either use the anemones to defend or as mops for food, let me know how he does, I have always been reluctant to buy because they tend to take shipping badly, I love them though, as you know i am an invert guy ;)

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
not really scared for the corals...and i too have been reluctant because of the shipping thing but this one had been alive and well in the LFS for about 1 week and i decided i would give it a shot. $10 investment isn't so bad if it goes sour and at least i know how to care for the thing rather than some joker buying it on a whim

lordroad

Large Fish
Sep 2, 2004
Shelby, NC
www.joshday.com
Very cool addition, Camaro. I've never seen this species before. You got some great pics of it--my emerald crab would never come out of the rocks or the zoanthid colony to get a good shot.

10 dollars sounds like a steal for such a cool little thing.

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
Refugium

The Aquafuge is currently lit by a standard flouro fixture I had sitting around...i will probably get a small PC bulb to replace it in a bit. right now there is just some Chaetomorpha in there as well as some particulates that got pulled out of the tank water from the sand being stirred up. later im going to add a DSB and some critters