TRe's 82g build

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
picked up a little birthday present for myself today :D i got it used so i got a great deal on it! its a precision marine kalk reactor!

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
good deal but i always see deals for used aqua controller jr WITH dc8 for $150 which is the direction i was headed but who knows (id be nice if it came with the ph probe too lol).... i want the lights for the frag tank but im leanin more towards the controller and go with the T5's in a few months

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
its basically a little computer to run your tank... you plug the lights into it and not only does it act as a timer but theres also a temp probe so if the tank heats up to much it will turn on a fan, or if it gets even hotter actualy turn the lights off... theres also a ph probe so you dont have to test that anymore.... you can look back and see what temp/ph your tank was on a certain day at a certain time... theres lots a controller can do those are only a few examples... is it total nessesary? no but itll be nice to play with! :p they can get expensive though because they make you buy everything seperate as like add ons... yet another reason i buy 90% of my equipment used

S.Reef

Superstar Fish
Dec 1, 2003
Michigan
I have an Octopus 4000 on my FO right now...a little older technology but basically same capabilities. Save up a little and get the APEX, have sold a few of these and recently installed one on a customers tank the capabilities are far greater then the Jr.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
left the deposit today for them to start cutting the glass for my double euro bracing and a few baffles for my new sump... they said HOPEFULLY it should be done by monday or tuesday! :D that means ill spend this weekend getting things ready to see water the following weekend

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
got some work done today! drilled the holes in the side of the house for the auto water change and ATO, drilled a few holes in the sump and drilled the holes to run the plumbing into my canopy... im not gonna bother taking pics of the sump till i finish it sometime this week

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
well im done with the sump but i still have to do something for frag rack... euro bracing is complete too! should have water in this think within the week

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
Geez, we have to be more careful, don't know if I posted this or not, a few weeks ago I did the same thing trying to shorten my drain hose line with a bread knife.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
alright heres a few pics of what ive been working on this past week! im not posting any more pics till this thing has water in it! :p

heres the sump...

heres a pic showing the double euro bracing... usually euro bracing is only around the top but i did the bottom too for added strength ;)

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
Sump and tank look nice. What kind of pump are you going to use for your return line? How are you going to get your water to your sump, I don't see a drain or a return line hole in the tank.Not sure what all those compartments are in the sump lol, will be fun to see what you do with all of them.

Last edited:

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
i drilled the tank on the end thats painted black.. theres 1 X 1.5" hole drilled... my overflow is from glassholes.com... you prolly didnt notice it because it blends in with the black but if you look closer you can see it

not sure what im going to do for the return yet. my plan is the just use what i have which is a ocean runner 2500 but id like something a little bigger... btw i like the ocean runner beacuase it doesnt use much electricity