TRe's 82g build

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
another update...
the tank actually went through a little cycle even tho all the rock was well established but id say its complete :D going through the diatom stage right now, also i finally figured out how to program this AquaController jr :p took me a few days lol... ive got it setup like this:
MH 1 on @ 2pm/off @ 10pm, off if temp reaches 82.5
MH 2 on @ 2pm/off @ 10pm, off if temp reaches 83
Lunar lights on @ 10pm/off @ 2 am
T5's in fragtank on @ 7am/ off @ 3pm
Kalk reactor on @ 1am/off @ 1:10am, on @ 8am/ off @ 8:10, on @ 4pm/ off @ 4:10pm
Heater on if temp drops to 78/ off if 79
Fan on if temp is higher than 79 off if lower

i still have one more slot open which i think ill add a second fan to turn on if it gets even hotter ;)

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
lmao never in a million years! that stuff smells as nasty as it looks! i cleaned it out again last night and it was even nastier! this time i let it go for 3 days and it was thicker and darker... looked like diarrea :p

Last edited:

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
its pretty much plug and play! by far the easiest skimmer ive had to setup.... like most skimmers it should sit in 8-10" of water... there isnt much adjusting to be done either...you can adjust the flow but i havnt even really done that :p i had the flow all the way open for the first month and a few days ago i turn down the flow and didnt really notice a differance

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
How do you like your Ac jr? Ive never been a fan on controllers but I think im gonna get one this time around.. How do you feel about getting a used 1? Ive seen a few of em going for like 150 with the probes..

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
i got mine used on RC i paid $145 shipped for the ACjr,DC8,temp probe.... i had to buy the ph probe seperate but i got a cheapie ebay one for like $25 shipped (i think the name brand one was $60+)